Whats your Holy Grail find?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy-grail.jpg

Wouldn't the Holy Grail be the "holy grail"?

det.jpg

If you're going to be pedantic the Ark of the Covenant is the Holy Grail.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
My Holy Grail find would have been in 2002 in any area that is now known as Moorehead just outside of Kabul in the Ghan. We where looking for someone else and stumbled on to this little area. It was a pretty large building and had a basement, which was just odd. That thing was packed full of hell and back; guess the tards did not like us for having found their massive cache, they got all pissy and started doing their best to have a bad day. So we gave them a bad day, pulled out and observed leaving everything in place. That only took about 10 hours for a very large group of tards to show up. Then America showed them all what the 4th of July looks like.

I got to see that site again back in 2011 being with Interpol. That area is now a US Army SF training center for Ghani SF; that ruble was still there.

That was a fun 24 hours; heck of a rush finding a cache worth so much to so many on both sides and coming out on the winning end.

I know the value may not be what most what consider counting in lives it certainly saved all around, but to put a figure on it I would have guess a good 900K street value, and not that marked up western world street value. Just the value for what we could have flipped for right there on the spot in that region of the world.

Took those boys a couple years to understand that they should not put all their eggs in the same basket because NATO has a countless supply of bombs to drop. LOL

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waiting for mine to show up. I would like the Mormon gold coins from the 1850's since that's where I live. Could almost retire with one of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread