Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where can you dredge at??

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
I take two shovels with me. My long one and a army e-tool. Can't get that dirty moving without it! (unless you are dredging) I had one break in the field once and it about ruined my day till i just unfolded my backup plan lol. Also the pan is what it all comes back to in the end, carry two of those as well. A great pack to hold all your equipment is very nice to have. I'm a combat vet so i know what it means to be prepared lol. Fresh water to drink is a must if you happen to get hurt or immobilized your survival time just about doubles with it. I have a 100 oz bladder a keep in my pack. Buckets to move material, classify or just to sit on is great to have. A knife to do just about anything with is a good security and a way to create fire. Duct tape, flashlight and multi tool are good justincases lol. Don't forget your sniffer bottle! If your running a sluice something to feed it good to have i use a standard issue canteen cup. That thing has been used and abused and keeps on keepin on! Last but not least your gold getting device (sluice)! Hope this helps. There is probably some things i missed I'm sure someone else will have some great ideas too! Good luck getting that gold!

OP
OP
mjarvis

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oldyoungtimer said:
I take two shovels with me. My long one and a army e-tool. Can't get that dirty moving without it! (unless you are dredging) I had one break in the field once and it about ruined my day till i just unfolded my backup plan lol. Also the pan is what it all comes back to in the end, carry two of those as well. A great pack to hold all your equipment is very nice to have. I'm a combat vet so i know what it means to be prepared lol. Fresh water to drink is a must if you happen to get hurt or immobilized your survival time just about doubles with it. I have a 100 oz bladder a keep in my pack. Buckets to move material, classify or just to sit on is great to have. A knife to do just about anything with is a good security and a way to create fire. Duct tape, flashlight and multi tool are good justincases lol. Don't forget your sniffer bottle! If your running a sluice something to feed it good to have i use a standard issue canteen cup. That thing has been used and abused and keeps on keepin on! Last but not least your gold getting device (sluice)! Hope this helps. There is probably some things i missed I'm sure someone else will have some great ideas too! Good luck getting that gold!

That's some great stuff to bring along thanks for the tips!! Good luck out there!!

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Shovel, pick, and gold pan. Obvious items but it is amazing how many people will for get one of them.

the most important tools for a prospector!! IF he can't turn a profit with those Items he may want to rethink his line of work!! oh yea you need knowledge too!

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Classifiers! And five gallon buckets with lids, the lids are key! Keeps paydirt where it belongs if you don't pan it all out while you're onsite. I like bringing a camera along too, always find something interesting to take a picture of, plus it's good for my note taking later, or for posting pictures to share here. And a sandwich or two can keep you going for a little while longer. Oh and if you're getting into cold water some hip waders sure help keep you warm! And I always bring extra clothes since I tend to end up wet or muddy too.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
For prospecting placer it's my GMT for reading the black sand and for hard rock it's my Gamma detector. For working placer it's my 50 gallon plastic water tank, my hand cranked trommel,Gold Cube then my old Keene Green Bowl. Works for me.

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd have to say my PANS!

Because I start with a pan -- sampling.

And I end it in a pan -- cleanup.

Truth is, I smile into my pans more than I smile at most people.

:goldpan: :goldpan: :goldpan: :goldpan: :goldpan:

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only bring what I can pull down the trail with my modified mountain bike and gear loaded hand truck.:goldpan:
Back From Heaton Flats 4.JPG . ...and that's all I bring. :goldpan:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most important tool is your healthy body as without it all of the above is absolutely useless. Followed by common sense in difficuly situations with the ability not to panic in dangerous situations. Then a pan as no matter what ya run,ya always end up with a pan in your hand man. Been thata way for 1,000s a years so learn from the wisdom of the ages and learn to pan EXPERTLY. As ifn' ya don't, it doesn't matter what ya run because you'll just throw it all back by lousy panning in the end-John

Attachments

• 100_2242.jpg
    100_2242.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 335

chowe

Mar 23, 2013
Where ever I throw my bed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Essentials, pick,shovel,screwdriver,small hand shovel,a big pan,in the desert I would add a small puffer washer.Then for production add a coupl buckets,a sluice or large blower washer,and a finish pan.A dredge if its practical.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
tools

Perseverance and a curious mind.

Good one Fp

You have to be this way to hard rock prospect the desert.

2 canteens, eye glass, rock hammer, day pack with trauma kit, bee hood ,signal mirror ,camera ,sample bags , and my little trail dog who at the end of the day leads
me back to my camp or rig.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
The most important tool is your healthy body as without it all of the above is absolutely useless. Followed by common sense in difficuly situations with the ability not to panic in dangerous situations. Then a pan as no matter what ya run,ya always end up with a pan in your hand man. Been thata way for 1,000s a years so learn from the wisdom of the ages and learn to pan EXPERTLY. As ifn' ya don't, it doesn't matter what ya run because you'll just throw it all back by lousy panning in the end-John
John i couldnt agree with you more on your post! my back is my most important tool. without it, nothing else matters!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A magnifying glass is good to have. And as Hoser John said, learn how to pan. I quess my contribution here would be "Knowledge" on how to use all of your tools well and how and where to look for gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread