Whats your take on this?

Liebs

Greenie
Apr 19, 2006
Wappingers Falls, NY
Ive been researching a legend about my town, it goes like this. The native indians that lived in my town supposedly hid a treasure of gold and silver before they finally traded off the rest of the land to dutch settlers, apparently they left it for any returning kinsmen. I have some doubts about this story as i cant find that much research on it, but i did find this picture that is suppose to be a copy of a rock carving with clues to the location.

I dont know much about native american writings but this dosent seem that real to me. I just thought i would check in with the experts here and see if anybody knows what kind of writing it is or if we can decode it. I suppose i should remain a skeptic for right now.

Thanks for any help

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
If I am reading this correctly...it looks like the ancient Hoki- Poki Tribe.....first, you put your left foot in, you put your left foot out......you do the Hoki Poki then you shake it all about ;)
Just kidding...let me see what I can find!

OP
OP
L

Liebs

Greenie
Apr 19, 2006
Wappingers Falls, NY
Yeah i honestly dont believe its real, but hey wouldnt it be cool if it were. Allthough i guess i dont want to take the chance just in case there could be some truth to it. If it helps the name of the Natives was the Wannapi (wappingers)

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
early americans at a Primus, White Zombie, Nine Inch Nails concert............inventors of the slam dancing so prevalent these days,, joined their descendants at woodstock '94 in this fun activity...........gldhntr

S

stefen

It's very dissappointing that help was sought to solve a serious and complex problem and in return, all that was recieved were numerous tongue-in-cheek comments.

So, in light of this fact, I decided to step in and assist.

The text was forwarded to the Linguistic Department of USC (University of Spoiled Children) and was immediately transferred to the Department Chairman of Geratrics.

I spoke with the Chairman, however his Alheimers kicked in...

So I went to the Modern Dance Studio on campus...

Apparently, this is the graphic representation of the Musical: 'Dance of the Fairy Plum...'

So I then tried to find some Plum fairys (not plump) for a word-by-word synopsis...

Words of wisdom, never ask a USC Football Player if he knows a fai..................

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
stefan, you should have stepped in to assist a little sooner......little fun and games to break the seriousness of the topics here at times seems to break the monotony.....and in case it is not realized, all posters above seem to go to the extreme to help people out in a serious manner here alot more often than they crack jokes....i do not think that this would put them into the same bracket as spoiled children or alzheimers patients.....dance of the fairy plum maybe, but i still say it is primitive slam dancing, and most certain it is to primus' '' wynona's big brown beaver '' ,,,,,,,,,gldjkstr

Albert Osborn

Dec 6, 2004
I didn't locate any gold anywhere East of
the Hudson in the Wappingers Falls area,
but across the Hudson is a whole new ball
game. This is not for novices.

Howso

S

stefen

Gold Hunter,

You know, if you look at it upside-down, it does look like primative slam dancing...

Now, as to Wynona's Big Brown Beaver...!

Never mind!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
My take is the same as the others, it's not real, of course. But just for giggles I'm gonna decode it.

OP
OP
L

Liebs

Greenie
Apr 19, 2006
Wappingers Falls, NY
There seems to have been a lot of activity in my location in the late 1600's with the dutch settlers colonizing and pushing the natives out. Its really sick and depressing learning everything that has happened in this area. However this is giving me reason to believe there is something worth looking for, with all the wars that went on here between tribes and settlers im sure there is a lot to be found.

Oh and btw, i dont mind any of the jokes, very humorous. I never took this image seriously, just thought i would throw it out here just in case. Thanks for the responses, i appreciate it.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
well, I got most of it- enough to know that it is definately new. Here's what I got so far, you can finish it if you want. Try geocaching.com and look for one placed near this location.

THIS CACHE CAN BE APPROACHED VIA THREE DIFFE
RENT TRAILS IT IS -OC--ED ON THE -I-RR- -R-
I- WHICH CAN BE ACCESSED VIA A TRAILHEAD ON
-- RED -CHOO-HOUSE -D OR -A-TERTOWN -D THE
COORDINATES FOR THE FINAL CACHE ARE FORTY ON
E DEGREES THIRTY TWO POINT FIVE THREE FIVE
NORTH AND SEVENTY THREE DEGREES FIFTY SIX PO
INT FOUR FIVE ZERO THE CONTAINER IS A THREE
BY SEVEN TUPPERWARE

OP
OP
L

Liebs

Greenie
Apr 19, 2006
Wappingers Falls, NY
Wow, good job. I guess it is a geocaching location unless the indians learned how to use longitude and latitude and had tupperware. I'll look around for it online, shouldnt be too hard to find.

OP
OP
L

Liebs

Greenie
Apr 19, 2006
Wappingers Falls, NY
Awesome job, i decoded some more of it from what you got.

RENT TRAILS IT IS LOCATED ON THE -I-RR- -R-
I- WHICH CAN BE ACCESSED VIA A TRAILHEAD ON
-- RED SCHOOLHOUSE RD OR -A-TERTOWN -D THE
BY SEVEN TUPPERWARE

I know exactly where this is, pretty cool.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I don't know if you have ever heard of geo-caching, but if you do go after this one it is common courtesy to leave the container, remove something from it, and put something back.

I've gotten dinners, lottery tickets (no winners), and several old coins, some world coins, and other little trinkets from caches around here. No McJunk please! LOL!

OP
OP
L

Liebs

Greenie
Apr 19, 2006
Wappingers Falls, NY
I don't know if you have ever heard of geo-caching, but if you do go after this one it is common courtesy to leave the container, remove something from it, and put something back.

I've gotten dinners, lottery tickets (no winners), and several old coins, some world coins, and other little trinkets from caches around here. No McJunk please! LOL!

Yes i know what geocaching is, in fact i have found a few in nearby parks before i knew what it was and just signed my name in the log book figuring somebody got bored and hid them around. I think this is pretty interesting because i just hiked the trail that the code is referring to a few weeks ago, its litterally 5 minutes from my house so i guess ill go take a look later. thanks for all the help, i guess no gold or silver for me..... yet!

EDIT: i figured out most of it now, not too hard considering i allready know the road names.

RENT TRAILS IT IS LOCATED ON THE SIERRA TRA
IL WHICH CAN BE ACCESSED VIA A TRAILHEAD ON
-- RED SCHOOLHOUSE RD OR BAXTERTOWN RD THE
BY SEVEN TUPPERWARE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread