allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i wasn't metal detecting today, but got two nice finds in my pocket change. first one was a 1911 s mint wheat back in very nice condition. second was one of the new buffalo nickels, which none of my co-workers even knew was out. no digital cam yet for pictures, but give me time. allen

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Bank dosn't even have the Buffalos yet :( Congrats !

Bladeii

Greenie
Dec 7, 2004
I got a new buffalo and an old buffalo in the same set of pocket change....went through it at home and saw the new one then kept looking and saw the old one. ;D

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Nice pocket finds,I have been looking for the new buf,for a few weeks,Must not be in the area yet.HH

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Pays to check that pocket change. I got one or two of the Lewis and Clark nickels, with the handshake on the back, but no Buffaloes yet! HH!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, shows what you can still find if you are observant.

D

Darod

Way to keep your eyes open! ;D

Personally, I can't stop inspecting my change!

Now I find myself purposely giving bills for payment just so I can get change :D

Nice pocket finds!

Rod

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Now that I don't work behind a cash register anymore I kind of miss getting all the coins....especially since I never use cash for anything.

But now I have more time to detect....

serb535

Sep 10, 2004
cleveland ohio
Detector(s) used
whites prizm III
i bought a roll of the new nicks at my local coin shop. then put them away in the safe. my wife couldn't figure out why i would pay $5.00 for a $2.00 roll of nickels? so i told her that these are uncirculated and will be worth more someday! and her reply was "yeah when our kids have kids" i figure i'd quit now cuz i'm losing this battle, so i said maybe but they'll still be worth money!

R

rvbvetter

Makes sense to me. uh....your side that is. Do they have mint marks like the other coins? I wonder if it would be worth saving a roll from each mint? HH

OP
OP
allen

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i went to my bank and got a roll of each mint and im putting them up for my kids. $2.oo a roll is all they cost and more than likely will always be worth that. keep looking at your pocket change and keep on hunting !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread