Wheat War # 74 Dad vs Tanner with pics Dad scores error coin!

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
The family spent the weekend at our cabin for some well needed RnR. We were able to complete 2 battles between fishing, frog and turtle catching, and riding mini bikes.

This was a fun battle with Tanner coming out on top. Tanner found a good number this time. Tanner searched a $25 box from a BoA, finding 17 Wheats (oldest 1930) and 1 King George VI (1942) Pretty impressive numbers. Dad searched a $25 box from a Chase Bank he only managed 8 Common Wheats (oldest 1945). Dad did score our first error cent:hello2:. A 1999 cent struck off center. We do not look for error cents, how many we have tossed back into the wild no one knows. We just look at the cents for wheat backs and check the dates after the battle. This error cent is in rough shape, I almost missed it because it was so dirty. Any know the value of a coin like this?

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• Wheat War 74.JPG
    Wheat War 74.JPG
    362.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_1168.JPG
    100_1168.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_1157.JPG
    100_1157.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great error find! I love reading about your wars with your son!!! Keep it up!!!

onthegoqaman

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check E bay they do go for a pretty good price. Love reading how the war is going between you two.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like you guys have a bunch of great competitions, including all my favorites, CRH, fishing, and motorbiking! you guys are alright

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
He won? I'd rather 1 error than 100 wheat cents!!!!
Good find though, real impressive to see one of them in circulation without someone picking it up, with a date really helps! I have one, but no date, >:(
Good finds! Best of luck "dad"
Wicka!

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, Tanner won the battle. It is a Wheat War not an Error War. Indian heads count as 10 wheats, and King Georges are tie breakers.

Dad and Tanner

Trade ya a couple of wheaties for that error then :)
You didn't win that battle but you could win the next war? ;D
I'm just playing, I guess playing by the rules has its ups and downs :P
Wicka

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I wish I could pull one of those! I really want one, but I'm not going to pay for one. Congratulations on the great finds!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice findl, congrats on the off center coin! i never found one before, i actually broke down and bought one a while back.
hh
buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread