Wheat War # 78 Dad vs Tanner with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
It is funny how you can always find ways of improving you CRH techniques. I recently read the idea that you should ask your tellers that if anyone turns in a lot of rolled coins at one time, to give you a call and you will come on up and pick them up. I tried this with a teller at our regular Half Box pickup bank. The teller said she had some pennies that someone had brought in earlier. It was only $15 so I picked them up. Of course Tanner choose them when we started to search our cents. Tanner did well with those rolls as they contained most of the Wheats the 2 Barbados cents and the King Georges.

We both searched $25 in cents, all customer rolled. Tanner ended way out on top with 19 Wheats (oldest 1925) 2 King George VI's (1950/51) and the 2 Barbados cents. Dad did OK with 10 common wheats (Oldest 1941) and one King George VI.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

PS Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Wheat War 78.JPG
    Wheat War 78.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Upvote 0

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what do you mean 1950/51 king george? is it an error or can you not read the date.

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ckrakowski said:
what do you mean 1950/51 king george? is it an error or can you not read the date.

I believe he meant that they found two coins, years 50 and 51 :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions