Wheat Wars episode 88 Tanner vs Dad with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
There were and average amount of wheats found in this battle but we did find a good one. We both searched $25 in cents. All rolls were bought from tellers either $5 or $10 at a time, about half were customer rolled, the others machine rolled. There were only 6 plastic wrapped rolls, the rest were paper.

Dad came out ahead with 11 wheats oldest (191?) We are really bummed that we could not make out the last digit I would vote for 1912. Dad also scored a 1925 cent, a 1983 D dime, and 9 common wheats.

Tanner managed just 6 wheats but he managed a nice score with a 1916 cent.
This one is needed for our Found in the Wild Book.:hello2::hello2: He also find a 1994 D dime and 5 common wheats.

Over all this was a good hunt.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• wheat war 88.JPG
    wheat war 88.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 101
  • wheat.JPG
    wheat.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 102
  • wheat2.JPG
    wheat2.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Upvote 0
gordon and tanner said:
There were and average amount of wheats found in this battle but we did find a good one. We both searched $25 in cents. All rolls were bought from teller either $5 or $10 at a time about half were customer rolled, the others machine rolled. There were only 6 plastic wrapped rolls the rest were paper.

Dad came out ahead with 11 wheats oldest (191?) We are really bummed that we could not make out the last digit I would vote for 1912. Dad also scored a 1925 cent a 1983 D dime and 9 common wheats.

Tanner managed just 6 wheat but he managed a nice score with a 1916 cent. This one is needed for our Found in the Wild Book.:hello2::hello2: He also find a 1994 D dime and 5 common wheats.

Over all this was a good hunt.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner
Homie I say 1917

Ya I'd say 17 or 12, hard to tell though, great finds! HH, Maverick.

gordon and tanner said:
We are rooting for 1912 as we already have found a 1917

Dad and Tanner

PS Do you think a coin shop could get the date with a loupe?

Wish I could tell you, it's worth a try. Hope it turns out be a 1912 for you! HH, Maverick.

I had one like your unknown coin where I couldn't tell whether it was 1917 or 1927. It turned out to be a 1927, which was needed for my book at the time. I found a 1912 last year laying on a desk in my class where a donation box was. I had no cents with my or I would put a couple to make up for the person miss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back