tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I went to see if the Au/Ag, buyers had any sleepers in their jewelry and silver items stock. At one, I find this Georg Jensen, Henry Pilstrup design bracelet in the case. I asked how much??. This guy got on his laptop and found a GJ ring that sold for $149.00... I saw he searched with the name George and not as it's spelled without the "e" This was a stroke of luck in my favor as he didn't pull up many sold pieces to compare what he had. He said, well! It seems to be a somewhat popular brand and I could walk out with it for $90.00 even cash. I said sure, but I've got some minimal scrap items in my truck to pay with also. I had this little 14K gold emblem I pulled from a belt buckle that weighed 2.5 grams and two rings of sterling I pulled off of some glass wine coasters I found at a thrift store. In those items I had spent maybe no more then 10 bucks. He gave me $50. in trade for those and said $40. cash and the GJ bracelet is mine with no tax on top. The $40 I paid with I had to get out of an ATM with a $3.00 charge as this guy doesn't take plastic. So over all I paid ruffly no more then $53.00 for this wonderful piece.

http://www.jensensilver.com/bangles-and-bracelets/georg-jensen-bracelet-sterling-silver-lotus-design

Attachments

• GJ bracelet 1.jpg
    GJ bracelet 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 168
  • GJ bracelet 2.jpg
    GJ bracelet 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
INCREDIBLE. I found two nice GJ pieces this year. Always a thrill.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H O L Y - Look at the price tag!

That is a nice looking bracelet too!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H O L Y - Look at the price tag!

That is a nice looking bracelet too!
I won't be looking to get that much out of it, but it does help when some retailer advertises high prices like that for buyer to compare when I do go to sell it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
many coin shops buy estate collections --those collections often contain "foreign" silver * in some cases -- sometimes these coin shops do not know that much about "foreign" coins-- and wind up selling them in"junk" bin boxes -*- cherry picking the Arabic and other lesser know foreign silver coins can easily turn a buck or two...

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
many coin shops buy estate collections --those collections often contain "foreign" silver * in some cases -- sometimes these coin shops do not know that much about "foreign" coins-- and wind up selling them in"junk" bin boxes -*- cherry picking the Arabic and other lesser know foreign silver coins can easily turn a buck or two...
I know, and I asked this dealer why so little foreign and ancients in his inventory and his reply was due to lack of knowledge he scraps it or trades it away at coin shows. Some dealers tell me this category of numismatics is a sleeping and emerging future market. The dealer in Boulder Colorado has a fair amount of knowledge on ancient and foreign coins and has a nice selection, but priced as such. If I ever got back into collecting coins again that would be my area of focus, because I find those fascinating and all the American coins are priced too high these days imo. I started collecting coins in the 60's when it was a fun thing to do and sold the collection in the later 80's for a partial down payment towards a house. Now collecting American coins doesn't seem so fun anymore. They did that to bubble gum cards also. I guess it's time to start grabbing all those Teenage Mutant Turtles and Power Rangers before those hit the moon...

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Dig's... I didn't see that one. I hope I can get that out this one. That one has the GJ mark used from 1933 to 1944. Mine was retailed through GJ Ltd. which was the Jensen store in London and because of that the piece had to be hallmarked for tax and duty, so this has a London date mark of 1959, plus the GJ mark that's used from 1945 to the present day.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a beautiful piece. Get it up ASAP in time for holiday shopping. Good luck, and keep us posted.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a beautiful piece. Get it up ASAP in time for holiday shopping. Good luck, and keep us posted.
I think I'll hold on to this for a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread