Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dumped 1K of clad skunks today. one roll was light at 224.8 grams, but the counter found the reason---- kept spitting back a '71. dropped it on floor when the 30 die rotation was spotted---PLINK. dropped it again & it came apart. a thin sliver of the reverse had a 20 Centavo bonded to it. ANOTHER Scotch & Soda magic trick coin :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: 8-). they sell nicely on Ebay for more than a '64 Ken. :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: IMG_4376.JPG IMG_4377.JPG _________________and one more thing----- the dope who made this failed to see the Centavo has a lamination defect at 3 O'clock :laughing7::dontknow: ---- wonder what that would have been worth as a complete coin ???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bunch of those, didn't know there was a market for them. Let us know if you sell it and how much you got for it!

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I just got another one too. It was a 1963 20 Centavo.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sold about 6, all for $8 to $9 each. my cost is FIDDY cents, all found in rolls :laughing7:
I have a bunch of those, didn't know there was a market for them. Let us know if you sell it and how much you got for it!

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sold about 6, all for $8 to $9 each. my cost is FIDDY cents, all found in rolls :laughing7:

Thanks for the info. I'll keep them from now on and maybe try and sell them. The first couple of times I thought it was broken coins until I really looked at the faces.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
again with the disparaging comments_____
Have you ever sat down and figured out how much you really make off that coin? Like the profit after eBay fees, postage, packaging, PayPal fees and gas costs.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
again with the disparaging comments_____

Not sure how my response was disparaging. Seems to me you are bragging at how much money you are making selling all these errors. Just wanted people to be aware that it's not all profit and there are hidden costs that you are not telling people about.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree, nothing disparaging about his post. It's a legitimate question.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't mean to like that comment - quite the opposite. $9 is pretty good for something he paid 50c for. And aren't we all "bragging" about finds we make? Pretty sure what this forum is for. And $9 is more than any of us make off a skunk box, or even 3-4 40%ers, which would be better than my average box. And for anyone out there that thinks you will get rich off this hobby, I "just want (you) to be aware that it's not all profit and their are hidden costs that (we) are not telling (you) about." Dah. Anyone whose has search even 3-4 boxes knows that.
Nice finds port ewen ace!

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't mean to like that comment - quite the opposite. $9 is pretty good for something he paid 50c for. And aren't we all "bragging" about finds we make? Pretty sure what this forum is for. And $9 is more than any of us make off a skunk box, or even 3-4 40%ers, which would be better than my average box. And for anyone out there that thinks you will get rich off this hobby, I "just want (you) to be aware that it's not all profit and their are hidden costs that (we) are not telling (you) about." Dah. Anyone whose has search even 3-4 boxes knows that.
Nice finds port ewen ace!

People who don't sell on ebay have no clue what the hidden costs are. But your point is well taken. I am not trying to take anything away from Port Ewan ace. He has made some awesome finds. Just giving an alternate view on his constant I sold this for that posts.

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I have sold them in the past on a closed group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=surplus magic exchange

You to have supply an extra matching centavo to complete the set, I also shined them up with a wire wheel on my grinder. (Magicians do not care about cleaned coins) I was able to get $15 for each trick.

To properly separate a "Magic Coin" you need a Bang Ring. They can be found a most magic dealers. You can see the ring in the bottom right of my photo.

For the member who asked how much money do you make per hour selling them? The answer is not much but it all ads up. I paid my house off 10 years early $15 and $20 extra at a time.

I also found a Magnetic half, it also makes "clink" sound, it does not open but is magnetic.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• scotch.JPG
    scotch.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread