tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I stopped by a coin shop and buyer of gold and silver today to see if I could find a treasure and maybe get one over on the dude... He has allot well over priced jewelry to sort through and I look for the winners in his stock. We settled on $60.00 for this necklace of good clean .925 scrap. I let him take me this time on his over prices 44 grams of sterling that's only worth an actual melt value of $22.00 +/-... He sure likes his high margins, but I'll like high margins just the same. I'm thinking this Lois Hill necklace will do even better for me then it did for him. Who was it that got punked this time. :laughing7: The one I have doesn't weigh as much as the one listed here on eBay, but the flower pendant is the same size. The chain on mine is a 15" to 17" max.
Large Lois Hill Sterling Silver Flower Pendant Necklace 17 5 19 5" | eBay

Attachments

• lois hill 1.jpg
    lois hill 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 105
  • lois hill 2.jpg
    lois hill 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
According to eBay completed listings, Lois Hill does seem to sometimes transmute silver into gold. She also made some lead(Pb), figuratively speaking, too. I think you found gold in the marketplace.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still believe more in auction prices versus the one off BIN's as an actual value to items. But I am a fast nickel type of person myself with my eBay listings. That being said, you can still easliy double your money on a bad day from the looks of it. And it's the same weight as yours. Nice pick.

Lois Hill Sterling Silver Necklace with Flower Pendant Indonesia 925 | eBay

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still believe more in auction prices versus the one off BIN's as an actual value to items. But I am a fast nickel type of person myself with my eBay listings. That being said, you can still easliy double your money on a bad day from the looks of it. And it's the same weight as yours. Nice pick.

Lois Hill Sterling Silver Necklace with Flower Pendant Indonesia 925 | eBay
Sure, I like more so the auctions too, but this I'm thinking I'll do a BIN, if I ever get around to start selling again on eBay. One of the points of the post is to let folks know scrap buyers and coin shops can be a good source in looking for good silver and gold jewelry if what they buy is set out for resale. I've found some good stuff in these places. I also picked up the same days as this item a James Avery ring for $14.00. I think it would easily sell for 2-1/2 times the price I payed. Thanks for finding the exact necklace I have. I didn't see that one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions