When does it stop?

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Group seeks protection for rare salamanders, frog
The Associated Press

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A conservation group is threatening to sue the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to force action on petitions to give Endangered Species Act protection to four kinds of salamanders and a frog found in the Northwest.
The Center for Biological Diversity filed a notice Wednesday of intent to sue, a prerequisite for actually suing the federal agency.
The notice says the service is more than a year late in deciding on petitions to protect the Cascades frog, the Oregon slender salamander and three species of torrent salamander. More than 200 scientists also called for a reviewing the amphibians' status.
The center says the amphibians are declining because of the introduction of non-native trout, pesticides drifting from farmlands, and logging.
The agency did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Upvote 0

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When the takers out number the producers, it has to stop.

S

stefen

Have a friend that has a similar problem in Hemet, CA with Kangaroo Rats that are a protected species...

His driveway is about a 1/2 mile long and he keeps them in check...squashes about a half doz each trip with his truck...:laughing7:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It stops when "we the people" band together as only as a solid group of people millions strong will we have the might to vote these things down, throw out judges that approve these measures, pull money from those who abuse our tax dollars and get our own acts in order and agree on a program to return this Country and Republic to an ethic of Integrity & Honesty First and Foremost.

Defend Rural America is one of the starting points, group them together with other like minded groups and then gather support for these groups. IMHO!

Will it be easy, no! Will it take a lot of our time, yes! Will it take resources, yes! What is the alternative, the death of this country!.................63bkpkr

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
It ends when they get the final of their 900 plus ESA candidates pushed through with their back room deals, and they completely shut down every square inch of the public lands. Or we take back the white house, the house and the senate, and we modify ESA before they club us to death with it.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will always be another owl, condor, or salamander. Oakview nailed it.

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In order to peacefully get back on track.

The County government must use jurisdiction to claim authority. Once all counties take back control of what they let go
then all counties tell the state. Once most of the states have sovereignty back then they tell the Fed what they will accept.

until central control is derailed we will continue the cycle we are in.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
It isn't going to stop until we can make it so it's not profitable for groups like the CBD, Sierra Club etc to use these tactics. Take the money away and see just how fast they loose interest.

I'm all for preserving areas for these endangered animals to live in and will go out of my way to avoid harming any animals while mining. At least I have actually SEEN some of the animals that these groups are trying to save. How many of their members can say the same thing since many of them have never been out in the fields and forests?

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great chief say white man so stupid he give money for endangered coyote hmmm which one of the hundreds of thousands of them is endangered? Next pow wow I hear they are proposing that alcoholic and poor Indians are endangered so giving much wumpum in grants from US to continue this great Indian tradition.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
well now the wacoenviromentalists have begun getting around to the hunters/fishermen here in Missouri and other states. because of this, now the hunters/fishermen are asking to change the Missouri constitution to say they have RIGHTS to hunt and fish!and the wacky spokesperson for peta says that these hunters/fishermen are MURDERING animals for sport...................for sport!!! I guess by that, she don't eat meat, but she MURDERS plants and vegtables and that's ok?? I better save this newspaper clipping, because I think itll be usefull as backup reference against these hipocrits!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The CBD is one of the worst. They want to protect anything that crawls. Them salamanders are probably the same species some guy used to raise in his garage to sell to cat fishermen. Dennis

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Everyone probably knows about the Klamath River sucker. Above the damn the suckers are listed and endangered...and the reason for the whole upper basin water resource controversy. But below the dam they are not protected. Same sucker though. But because of the dam there is no genetic interchange; so the ESA is used to shut down agriculture water use....and justify the removal of the dam...per the "greenies". It is not even a sub-species issue....but rather a mis-step in the application of the ESA...... because the Act is flawed.

So it will stop when the ESA is changed/modified to bring some common sense to the picture. Till then the ESA will be the demise of many resource issues benefitting mankind. Currently the ESA is flawed. When a majority of the people realize the Act is flawed we may see pressure put on the Congress to change the wording of the Act and bring some common sense back to it's intent. IMHO

Bejay

A_Sly1_U

Jun 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my doubts that any meaningful change is going to come about by voting. The masses of asses fall in to line all too easily behind any idiot yelling save the planet. The change this country needs comes out of a rifle barrel.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Dredge season would be opening in a couple weeks, Memorial weekend, for us in Ca. Would advertising through TV or newspapers of that fact have any effect on public outcry of the dire need for a positive approach to actually making a living and proving that the environment is not threatened? Calif. is sending jobs to Texas, New York, N. Carolina and other states, but the GOLD is here and is not going anywhere and can be extracted easily from a dredge that anyone in the state can pursue. California needs taxes and we can provide that. We've done everything legal through lawyers but not advertising. Would our money be better spent? 5 years and counting.??? 5 years of keeping the lawyers to represent dredging, but never advertising. $35 from everyone on an advertising campaign In CA., Oregon, Washington. Any thoughts? The reason we don't succeed is advertising. Spending money on lawyers is a waste if the average person doesn't know what's going on.

Last edited:

benny

Sep 15, 2012
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the post on the Oregon slug was a joke. Just not a very good one. It'll probably happen now...

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't want to say what I want on here! But that is one ugly ,whatever it is! Nope, I'd eat a rat, or tree rat(squirrel), before I'd eat that thing!

LOL hate to break it to ya Nitric, but youre in GA now. I eat squirrel all the time. I hunt because i dont make enough money to provide grocery store meat for my family. The wild rabbit around here are pretty good too! You just cant beat fried squirrel on a bed of rice with red eye gravy....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions