63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooner or later a bad thing brings about a bad thing. Fear or anger or both related to an offense or a supposed offense must be let go of or like a cancer it will eat a person to death even if they are still alive.

There have always been horrible events related to someone wanting what someone else has and not willing to work for it. Earning what a person works for is the only way to fly in my book!...................63bkpkr

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1l9moo.jpg

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've lost quite a few long time associates to the fever and it truly saddens me as Gollum is a good representation as all else is forsaken, even sanity. John

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've lost quite a few long time associates to the fever and it truly saddens me as Gollum is a good representation as all else is forsaken, even sanity. John

I know exactly what you mean.
Had the same thing happen to me over a nugget that I found while nugget hunting with a friend, something came over him (reminded me of Gollum) and I never saw the nugget or the friend again.

GG~

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I know exactly what you mean.
Had the same thing happen to me over a nugget that I found while nugget hunting with a friend, something came over him (reminded me of Gollum) and I never saw the nugget or the friend again.

GG~

Back in the early 90's Dad's company was putting in a pretty big aggregate batch plant in Colorado Springs when something similiar happened. One of his crew supervisor's went up in the mountains one weekend with a local guy who was a crane operator to do some prospecting.

Crane operator was back to work on Monday, Dad's crew supervisor wasn't.

They supposedly found a few small nuggets and the fever hit the guy. Crane operator told Dad that he'll never see the guy again, he'll probably end up frozen to death on the mountain or shot for a trespasser.

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre isn't far off. Some it corrupts immediately, some it eats them slow. Stick around prospecting and it won't be long until you hear of someone getting the fever, selling everything they own, and disappearing off the face of the Earth.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What's interesting about the story as well is that '[FONT=&quot]Meanwhile, Caouissin's mother told Le Parisien that the claims about a gold treasure were "nonsense".'

What's that all about?

All the best,

Lanny

[/FONT]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread