When Good Coverage Is Important

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, sometimes my CZ catches a target just on the edge of its field...such a faint sound that Im not even sure it was a target...I sweep back over and its a screamer in auto tune....I say to myself "man, I almost missed that one"

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree..... when there just isnt anything out there sometimes your best bet is NOT to cover more sand helter scelter...... but to slow down in area that look or sound promising and do a little grid work. Iron may be an indicator there are targets others missed.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're just seeking such tiny targets in comparison to the expanse of space we hunt, sometime it becomes too easy to see other potentially promising looking areas all around us. :laughing7:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a guy working the water behind me... I greeting him and let him pass since he was going faster than me and well I love watching other people work. He worked fast in a straight line along what I guess he perceived to be the swim line. I followed directly behind him, moving much slower and wider than his pattern. I dug three silver rings and a gold bracelet all in one area that he had passed directly over just minutes before. In fact he was still in shouting range. No machine can make up for poor technique. Maybe he was in a hurry to get back to work who knows.

Article makes a good point but he left out depth. 1" of depth can make the difference too. That's why you need to keep the coil on the ground, and make sure your field is reaching target "resting" depth.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I search for something that someone just lost, Im surprised by how many targets I hit in the somewhat small search area...before I stopped to search for their lost item, I had been cruising along with targets very few and far between.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions