When halves are bad

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
either start enjoying lincoln collections or move on to a new hobby/ money maker

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
kevinbomb123 said:
There are some valuable errors out there,after your down please use them in daily commerce thanks.

This man says the truth

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
either start enjoying lincoln collections or move on to a new hobby/ money maker
Gee thanks....I already enjoy Lincoln collections as well as all coin deniminations And I actually am still making money off the banks. It's just that I'm not finding much silver. I still want to find silver but not sure what else to do. There doesn't seem to any CWR rolls in my area( when I have tried dumping rolls they usually make me put them in the bags to be sent off.) and my boxs are not producing........ Maybe it is just that I haven't had any dream boxs bumping my avg? ......I can't believe I'm in one of the few areas where silver is rarely entering the supply chain...ugh. Makes sense when considering the demographics in my area but its just depressing. Like I said I still make money but finding free silver is just more fun.
Buffs and wheats..
Oh yea.... Weeeee! Whoopie....
Look for gold dollar coin errors homie

Yea bro dawg I try that. Thanks home slice!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee thanks....I already enjoy Lincoln collections as well as all coin deniminations And I actually am still making money off the banks. It's just that I'm not finding much silver. I still want to find silver but not sure what else to do. There doesn't seem to any CWR rolls in my area( when I have tried dumping rolls they usually make me put them in the bags to be sent off.) and my boxs are not producing........ Maybe it is just that I haven't had any dream boxs bumping my avg? ......I can't believe I'm in one of the few areas where silver is rarely entering the supply chain...ugh. Makes sense when considering the demographics in my area but its just depressing. Like I said I still make money but finding free silver is just more fun.

Well it's pretty clear then, you have two options

1) keep CRH for minimal finds
2) stop CRH

anything I missed?

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your supposed to do dimes right? Well that's not working either.....now what?

Go to the local LCs and buy yourself some silver Roosies. Then burn some old coin wrappers and boxes to appease the silver gods while making hamburgers for dinner. Now go buy 4 boxes of dimes and place a silver coin on each box and leave it overnight. Have a minimum of two Samuel Adams brewed beers (Cherry Wheat anyone?) after you get home from work and start openeing the boxes. This will guarantee you silver.

If this does not work, drink the remaing 4 beers and go to bed. Try again the next day.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are [some] gold deposits up in Vermont. I would be metal detecting and gold panning before it gets too cold. As a side note, you are in a part of the country that likely does not have a whole lot of coinage circulate up your way too often, so that is definitely a disadvantage (assuming Freakmont means Vermont). I am not a professional on coin circulation, but I assume that since you are way up North, not much of the supply from lower parts of the US work their way up there, although... I would ask banks for Canadian coinage, as I bet they get quite a lot of it. I am sure a lot of the old Canadian silvers wind up there from time to time. Hope that helps. Best to you!

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
You can always try nickels. I used to do that when I got tired of all others. Got almost 200 war nics in a little over a year.

Good luck!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Work hard and buy piles of silver or put a add in the paper and buy silver and sell some keep the extra hope to get good deals. It looks like its going down again i will buy 100oz or more again. I hope it goes down to $28 again.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a few weeks or a month off. Do other things. Come back to the hobby.

That's what I do.

Or try nickels.

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Work hard and buy piles of silver or put a add in the paper and buy silver and sell some keep the extra hope to get good deals. It looks like its going down again i will buy 100oz or more again. I hope it goes down to $28 again.

We can only hope silver gets that low...I will probably get somewhere between 250-300 oz at that price.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cents, check.
nickels, boo.
dime, suck.
quarters, suck?
halves, suck.

You're screwed unless the govt decides to mint a new denomination in silver, unlikely.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cents, check.
nickels, boo.
dime, suck.
quarters, suck?
halves, suck.

You're screwed unless the govt decides to mint a new denomination in silver, unlikely.

Lol, at least you made me laugh.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you trying to get rid of me?

of course not. Based on your responses, it sounded like all denominations in your area were getting skunky for silver. If that's what you have in your area, you have limited options unless you want to pick up boxes a few cities away. You just gotta keep cranking' through all denominations and you'll eventually get some good scores. I figured you would pick option 1), Im not recommending 2).

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Either take a break for awhile, or double down and increase your volume of halves.

Personally, I wouldn't mind it if silver went back down to $10 again...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread