watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of years ago, I received permission to detect a series of vacant lots where several older homes once stood.
My hunting buddy & I have hunted these lots a number of times and with each hunt, one or both of us would usually have something nice to bring home.

During my last two hunts at this site, I promised myself to make a concerted effort to dig the faint, deeper target signals that were previously overlooked.
Granted, I recovered a LOT more “trash” than I normally would but in doing so, was also rewarded with some nice recoveries.

Aside from the older coinage, the Barclay soldier, and 1945 dog tag, my biggest surprise was a girl’s 10K 1929 high school class ring.
After cleaning it when I got home, I looked for any owner initials on the inside but unfortunately, there were none.

Thanks for looking!

_DSC2098.JPG

_DSC2099.JPG

Upvote 31
OP
OP
watercolor

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One problem with finding initials on an old ring like that is the person will not be alive. If they graduated in 29 they were likely 17 or 18 which puts them born around 1910. I have sent three class rings to family of deceased and have never received so much as a thank you. I scrap any now before 1940. Of course if you do find relatives, your results might be different.

I think you will find some more great finds with iffy and faint signals. Congrats on some fine targets.

Thanks scuba. . . this is the third class ring I found and the oldest by at least 40-years. . . the first two rings I returned to their owners. . . the first owner never said thanks and the second owner actually came to my house to thank me (that was cool).

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG!!! That ring and all the other finds are just beautiful. Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread