when is it gonna end!!

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
And I believe you're due for a major hit this weekend... either snow or tornadoes, depending on how far north you are. >:(

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here comes another winter...2008

cole1

Apr 27, 2007
South Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
dfx
This is my first year metal detecting to needless to say this is my first "off-season." Does anyone here in CT detect in the winter? I was thinking of hitting the beach area since everything else is frozen. Is it possible to detect in the winter?

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
CT. Detectorists,

I understand you may not want to supply your address and phone # but put something down to at least show what part of the state you are in.

cole1,
Just be a little careful detecting on the L.I. sound beaches during the winter. They tend to be somewhat deserted and you need to watch out for the criminal elements out there. Best if two or three people hunt together.
Joe

Al

Jan 26, 2008
I live in New Milford , and still hunt in the winter . Not today , there is about 8 or 9" of snow

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Al,

Were neighbor's! When the weather gets better let's get together for a hunt. Joe

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can detect any of the beaches in CT without any trouble, especially during the day. I've been fishing in Bridgeport at night many times, "near the bad section" on the beach and never had any trouble, even at night. Yes, plenty of criminal element down there but over the last 20 years I have never had any trouble, even at night. Yep, can't wait till spring! only 2 weeks away and only one week till daylight savings!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread