When Is Spring Break Down Here?

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
This is my wife and my first year here as snow birds. We came down here to rent a piece of property to spend the winter, and ended up purchasing it because the price was impossible to walk away from. Besides it's much cheaper to drive down here, and not have to haul a big rig every year (fuel costs are going out of sight). We planned to leave about the middle of March but that has changed since the cost of living here has gone down(no rent).

Can you give us some idea when the so called spring break takes place here in Florida. We have done a few trips to the beach's with almost no luck, unless you can call the usual trash, 5 toy trucks from one hole, a dozen coins, and one junk ear ring great finds. Would like to take at least one nice piece of gold home. Got to keep the little lady happy.

Any help will be appreciated. Rick :coffee2:[/b]

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usually starts last week Feb to first week in Apr.
you can do a google search that will actually give you all colleges time off
here is one site
http://www.ststravel.com/college_spring_break/dates.php
thing is - driving travel is crazy especially on weekends
get down there at sun rise and get out before 11am
you get on the road after 9am - might as well pack plenty of
drinks and food - cause youll probably be sitting in traffic some where off the beach for hrs

good luck

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I wish you luck but I hope you did a check on what your homeowners insurance and taxes are gonna cost., including the time you are back north.

usually the gold is found right over..................................................there :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread