watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great hunt with Kimsdad this afternoon at a new site.
It wasn't quite as old as the sites we've during the past several weeks
but it was just as rewarding.

My first three finds included a circular brass "what's it" (I have no clue what
this might be), a 1945-P War Nickel and a 1943-P Merc. . . I was happy :icon_sunny:

DSC_8898.JPG

After about an hour of digging trash, I was walking over to where Neil was hunting
and got an "iffy" broken nickel signal that I couldn't get to repeat so I took a pass.
When I saw Neil, we both agreed that we should move on to another location. . . after
he recovered his shovel that he "misplaced" ::). . . which he found :)
This was a blessing in disguise because as I walked near that same tree that I had gotten
that "iffy" signal by, I now got a solid nickel signal. . . which I dug :P I'm glad I did because there
were two Buffalo's (1920 & 1927) AND :icon_sunny: my FIRST Walker, a 1936-P!

My last two finds of the day were a 1930 Wheat and the remains of a door/trunk latch.

DSC_5923.jpg

DSC_8897.JPG

Thanks for looking,
watercolor

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Now ladies & gents, you should have been there. First he digs his dime and has the silver-edged dirt-covered coin on top of his dirt pile. He pauses for a smoke & calls me over to check it out. "What is it?" I ask - "I don't know yet." he replied. Huh?!! If that was me, I'd take one fast picture and get that sucker in the water!!! ;D

A while later, I see him working at the base of a tree - and working - and working... He's there so long it seems like he's planting flowers. :icon_flower:

Then he says "I've got a buffalo." Hmmm... "I'm getting another signal." he says. Several more minutes pass with him working the same hole. :clock: Then he gets it in his dirt pile, but not visible. "Hey Neil, come over here and swing over this pile and see what you think it is." Now I'm half expecting him to take a coffee break! I cover it with my coil and tell him it sounds like a quarter or a half. Then he gets down s l o w l y and nonchalantly runs his pinpointer around the pile for what seemed like forever. He didn't believe it himself when he saw the big shiny disc in his hand!

Another killer find!!! I'm so glad I was there to be a part of this hunt and see that beauty come out of the ground!!!

WTG Mark!!! Congrats on your first walker!!

You are smokin' on fire!!! :occasion14:
Neil

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man oh man! First a Barber half and now a walking Liberty! You said it was high on your wish list, who you paying off? (just kiddin) Big time congrats!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil

I was laughing so hard on the phone when you told me all this. Now I'm laughing even harder seeing it in writing

That is so funny........ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This is a great hobby to have.. It's great hunting with friends too, even when their kicking your butt out there.....

Oh wait............ ;D ;D ;D  This is Mark's Post  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now to Mark....

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Congrats on your 2nd half in 4 DAYS.......
It takes me a year to get 2
I have to get my butt in gear to come even half way close to your totals this year so far.
Your having a great start
CONGRATS

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW bud you are on fire!!!! Big time congrats!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
I'll bet you are sooooo glad that you checked that signal again. I get those iffy ones and keep on going, thinking,,,, I'll come back to it if I don't hear a good one, but usually never do.
High Five on that big silver Mark! :thumbsup: as well as the other great coinage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions