When searching for lost dogtag owners please read this

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting ..given the state of the government, I imagine the likelihood of the tags ever being returned is somewhere between slim and none. I think I would still opt to return them myself if possible.Additionally, I am not sure I would want to divulge all the information requested on that form.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they remain government property why do they let you keep them when you leave the service?

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see pros and cons on this. Those returning from Vietnam can understand why some would not want to be identified . I do what is in the best interest of our service people. I have found lost dog tag owners though and the owners were very happy !!

Last edited:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm interesting, I think I will stop by that office next time I am at the Pentagon just to see what/if they do anything. If you have never been to the Pentagon it reminds me a bit of the Raiders of the Lost Ark warehouse with little offices and cubbies filled with people doing who knows what. You can make a entire career just walking around looking busy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread