When to change it up?

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all.

I have only been able to get 1 bank to order a weekly box of halves for me. So far out of 10+ boxes, I've only been able to find 1 40% half. Needless to say the average is horrible. I live in a very populated metro area so I am assuming that this silver vein has just been tapped clean. I am strongly considering stopping this order even though they are the only bank in my area that is willing to feed my addiction. I guess I can start asking other banks but I've usually gotten negative results. Should I stick with it and work my way through the proverbial pallet? Or is this a sign that this bank's supplier is just tapped out? I would have a little more motivation if I've actually found a decent box in the past.

What would you do?

Upvote 0

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 boxes is too small a sample size. They pick your one box off the pallet and it gets shipped to you and it's a skunk, while the next box going to Joe Smith down the road has silver in it. Are there heavy hitters in your area polluting your supply with clad? Try and do some research on that.

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea I do realize that 10 boxes is a small sample size. I do see a lot of marked coins in my boxes which leads me to believe that there are a lot of CRHers in my area. Like I said I do live in a large metro area. I have also seen unique markings in multiple boxes.

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say stick with it for now. In the meantime, if your bankroll allows, try to get some other banks to order for you on different days so you can see how they compare. If not just give it more time. Most people on here go through skunk streaks as long as your 10 boxes, but then they reach the silver in the pile. You just never know but you won't know if you don't keep trying! Good luck!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would say keep ordering until the bank won't order for you anymore... a dream box can pop up in the middle of a skunk streak.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Volume. Volume. Volume. Or connections, connections, connections. There are people on this forum who are on (or have been on) a skunk streak 40+ boxes.

The fact that you have a bunch of marked coins does not mean that you won't get any silver. Just because you are getting new boxes does not mean you won't get any silver. If tomorrow someone dumps grandpa's coin collection, you get silver when that goes to be boxed.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would keep at it. I got one 40% on my eleventh box. Right now I'm at 1 40% out of 14 boxes. Getting 4 more later today. Just the fact that I did find silver gives me hope that at some point I'll get a nice box. HH
Merc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread