Dec 27, 2008
Derbyshire
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
I'm using the Lobo Super Traq - wonderful machine, great pin pointing, giving me some nice finds.
I have however, developed paranoia about changing the batteries and perhaps changing them far too frequently.
Can any of you Tesoro tech guys tell me what I'm losing as the batteries decline in power - Depth, Sensitivity or just Headphone volume?
8 new 1.5v batteries give me working voltage of 12 volts - After a few outings they've dropped to 1.2v making a working voltage of 9.6 volts. Anyone with a piano nearby can hear the drop in pitch of the start-up tone - New batteries giving a pitch of around F4, dropping down the scale after every use to around B3 (I haven't gone any lower than this but I'm sure it will). At what voltage range has the Lobo been capable of working (perfectly) at? Or has anything less than 12v been detrimental to its performance?
I've never worked the machine to the point were the batteries have ran out of power completely - will the machine just stop after a certain level or continue but work badly?
How many hours are you 'Lobo' users putting in before you change yours?
Thanks.

I have never used the lobo so can't help with the battery life. You can down load a manual on Tesoro's web site. It should tell you what to expect. I think Shaun7 uses a lobo. Maybe he can help.

Good Luck
Randy

Yes - Downloaded manual already - Gives battery life of 20 to 30 hours - (wide range)
Just wondered what I would be losing (if anything) from the 10 to 20 hours use.
Thanks.
I'll message Shaun7 (and Crusader) but I know Shaun is using the XP now.

DavidBeard said:
Yes - Downloaded manual already - Gives battery life of 20 to 30 hours - (wide range)
Just wondered what I would be losing (if anything) from the 10 to 20 hours use.
Thanks.
I'll message Shaun7 (and Crusader) but I know Shaun is using the XP now.

I know that "air" tests, are great for measuring flying treasure, but you might consider attaching a small metal object, (not a flying one), at a set distance from the end of a piece of plastic, or other none metallic material, to make consistent strength tests. Through trial and error, you should be able to determine how your machine responds when you have the metal object held a preset distance from your detector. Some people use those credit card type testers with a piece of metal embeded in it. I have one, but I'm thinking of swapping out the piece of iron for a small piece of gold.
Just a thought.

F.

Don't now about the Tesoro. But...I remember when I had an MXT and would change the batteries. At first they would read 12 volts and about 8-10 hours later it would drop to around 9 volts. Then it would plateau and just sit at 9 volts for another 15-20 hrs. I don't think I ever noticed any difference in the detetors abilities at the lower voltage.

Detectors have a voltage regulator built in, as long as the batt voltage is above what is required for it to operate it does not lose any performance. when the voltage drops below that point it quits working, and you will know it.

AUDuke said:
Detectors have a voltage regulator built in, as long as the batt voltage is above what is required for it to operate it does not lose any performance. when the voltage drops below that point it quits working, and you will know it.

Yep. When it starts going haywire then it's time to change 'em. :)

:headbang:

David I had a lobo for six years, the start up sounds weaken as the battery depletes, but the machine will work right up to the point were they totally deplete, you just have to carry a spare set with you that's all :laughing9: you should be getting at least forty hours detecting from new batteries :sign13:

Don't forget the battery life will shorten when using headphones.

SS.

Silver Searcher said:

David I had a lobo for six years, the start up sounds weaken as the battery depletes, but the machine will work right up to the point were they totally deplete, you just have to carry a spare set with you that's all :laughing9: you should be getting at least forty hours detecting from new batteries :sign13:

Don't forget the battery life will shorten lengthen when using headphones.

SS.

BuckleBoy said:
Silver Searcher said:

Don't forget the battery life will shorten lengthen when using headphones.

SS.
:nono:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back