Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still winter here, white stuff every where and no where to dig. So a friend and I went to a local creek and had the first hunt of the year. 32 degrees out but never got cold with the neoprene waders on. Ended up with 58 coins including the first two wheats of the year. Didn't make a killing, but felt good to scratch the itch!

Attachments

• DSC00377.JPG
    DSC00377.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 72
  • First hunt 2014 - 3.jpg
    First hunt 2014 - 3.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 75

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are hardcore!! Great you got out and took care of the itch with a pile of coins!!

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling , I am dieting to get out , saw the grass for the first time yesterday and today there is 3 inches of new snow and it's still coming down , not good. Glad you got out , bet it felt good !

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
hey look at the bright side when it is all gone we are going to to have the cleanest ground in years for a few weeks this spring

dan

fmfdoc

Mar 14, 2014
Mc David, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking good, Mike! remember those days of Late-winter/Early spring, myself. Originally form Mackinaw City area........
If you Michiganders are interested, I'm working on permission for a former RR station site/country store, between Mackinaw and Cheboygan.
Planning on hitting the property the end of June. If anyone would want to join me???

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking good, Mike! remember those days of Late-winter/Early spring, myself. Originally form Mackinaw City area........ If you Michiganders are interested, I'm working on permission for a former RR station site/country store, between Mackinaw and Cheboygan. Planning on hitting the property the end of June. If anyone would want to join me???
Keep in touch... we are in Atlanta

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice.............. I am headed to the beach in the morning.........................sand is thawed!!!!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a die hard Mike! Congrats on the coins and Wheaties

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread