Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you have good ground to work, a four seasons set of photos/videos of the area/river will show you things you likely didn't see at the time...all blown up and in great detail on your screen...yep. (From the personal experience files.)

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bring one also! You never know what you're gonna see! Just make sure you have another battery they die at the wrong time!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc, that is lovely! Every now and then a will click a picture....................63bkpkr

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I should start doing his, need a camera first. Any cheap suggestions?

Look on Amazon. Lots of used current model and older model DSLR's available.

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since we talking about pictures, and it is spring time, I wanted to share a tip that a wise miner shared with me.
In the spring and on a new claim (or claim to be), take A LOT of pictures. We forget how fast summer blooms and the forest hides things you can see in the spring. And boy was he right!
On our very first claim, we found a really nice place to camp. About 40 ft off the small gravel road, and only about 60 ft from the creek. Coming back about 1 month later, I almost drove right past it...lol...my partner DID drive past it. Luckily I was there first to give him a yell to stop. The bends in the creek that I could see just 4 weeks earlier, were now just bushes and thirsty trees.
The other reason he said, was that our minds don't have stop motion, zoom, crop or scan. I found 2 quartz outcrops in a cliff using zoom when I was at home looking at my pictures, while I never saw anything while I was standing right in front of the cliff.
Like the thread say's, take pictures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread