When your listing

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this happen anybody else sometimes my listings will go smooth but other times it's jumping up-and-down the page being a problem to click on things or off of things. Other times I have problems with my pictures. Like today every time I list something in the middle of it it jumped back up to the top of the screen and don't do that 10 times per listing. And I thought it was my other computer so I got rid of it because I figured it was old and now my new computers doing it too.

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
You are not alone. I feel your pain. Sometimes, I just have to close it all down, then come back to the site. My annoying thing lately is that, occasionally, it lists my location as the city that I lived in when I started doing eBay. Weirdest thing, going along with your listings and discover that you have to go back and change the location on half of them!

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Anytime I look up a an item and use their info that comes with the stock photo, I have to edit my listing cause my photo never gets uploaded the first time. Also sometimes I have to click 4 or 5 times when I switch from fixed to auction or, vice versa, to get the correct duration of the sale.

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
The eBay app is really smooth and taking pics straight from your phone is very simple. Typing a description can be clunky but I am pretty impressed with the speed at which I can list things.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the jumping up and stuff like that . I realized that part of the problem is waiting for ebay to update what I changed. For instance, if I am adjusting the price, if I try to go down, it will jump back up. You just have to be patient and wait for it to load.

I've had issues where it resets my price not to what I wanted. And, for some dumb reason, I have that little help tip telling me to start it ridiculously low, and it covers up the BIN hint that tells me how much 30% more is. I'm horrible at math, and I can't figure out how to get rid of the help and get to the help I need. I usually have to ask my husband do the math, or try to do it and have it yell at me that i'm so stupid and can't figure out how much to make the BIN price.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same issues! good to see I am not along, although it doesn't help the actual issue.

I start a lot on my phone and then add pictures and finish from my computer. Seem to help a bit

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Today I tried to list a pair of earrings ... starting price, $19.99, BIN $29.99. I kept getting an error message that my BIN is not 30%. Even me, who sucks at math, can figure out that all I needed was $25.99 and I had 30%. In the end I called them. The woman had to list it for me. She told me I need to erase my cookies. (Yeah, like I know how to do that! My hubby is in IT; he does all that stuff.)

BTW, it got a bid within 10 mins. I knew I had it super low.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Does this happen anybody else sometimes my listings will go smooth but other times it's jumping up-and-down the page being a problem to click on things or off of things. Other times I have problems with my pictures. Like today every time I list something in the middle of it it jumped back up to the top of the screen and don't do that 10 times per listing. And I thought it was my other computer so I got rid of it because I figured it was old and now my new computers doing it too.

I swear...I thought that was only happening to me!!!!

Here is what I do: When the page starts jumping back up, scroll down to the bottom of the page like you are done with the listing, and click 'continue'. This will take you to the second page. Click on the "edit listing" instead of "List Item" button. Using the "edit listing" will take you back to the first page, and it will not jump around on you.

STRONG WORD OF CAUTION WHEN THE PAGE IS JUMPING AROUND: I have found that when the page is jumping around, it will often change the info in the boxes. I've had it change from calculated shipping to free shipping, from 7 day auction to a 1 day auction, from a one day handling to a 3 day handling, and often, it will change my return policy.

Carefully double check your listings when they go live!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread