Wher can I buy Ikelite connectors on the web ?

Sandfisher

Sep 3, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Newbie here and would appreciate anyones help on where I could buy male and female Ikelite connectors.
I recently bought the Gray ghost underwater headphones that have an Ikelite connector already installed, but I'd like to add the Female end to my excalibur myself (it's well out of warranty) and a male connector to another set of phones I have for land hunting.
Thanks in advance !

OP
OP
S

Sandfisher

Sep 3, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Thanks for the info GPSnoopy.
I was thinking,could I use the top off a battery pod to convert my detector to have unplugable phones? Has anyone else done this ?

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
Sandfisher said:
Thanks for the info GPSnoopy.
I was thinking,could I use the top off a battery pod to convert my detector to have unplugable phones? Has anyone else done this ?
I've done it and it is easy.

You have to modify the battery pod cap by putting a notch in it in order to fit over the circuit board. When you open up the control pod, you will see that the circuit board fits into a slot in the cap. The Alkaline battery pack cap is solid and needs to be notched in order to fit in the control pod.

I did it in about an hour. Very easy and well worth the effort. The Gray Ghosts I am using are far better than the blue stock headphones. Much more comfortable and better tonal quality.

OP
OP
S

Sandfisher

Sep 3, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Thanks for your post Steve. I did exactly what you suggested about a month ago with the battery pod top and I'm very happy with it ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions