Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Test the paint and you can rule out China if it doesn't have lead. ;)
Sorry I don't know either.
Burdie

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
For many years Fisher had a small plant in Klamath Falls, Oregon. The main plant was operated in Belmont, California though. It was first started in Gerhard Fisher's (Gerhardt Fischer's, a German immigrant's) home's garage (1931) in California. Eventually, the company moved once to another place in Belmont, California. In 1939 it moved once again. Then again in 1961, it moved again to another place in Belmont, California.

In 1967 Dr Fisher retired and the family took over. They then moved again in 1974. In 1990 Fisher company built a huge complex making various electronics devices, and moved to Los Banos, California where the detectors are currently made. They are not engineered in China, but most electronics parts are and so are some assemblies, including those from other detector manufacturers.

One of the main reasons that Fisher detectors have consistently handled bad ground so successfully is because they were developed in bad ground and the Fisher family decided to make that an imperative necessity, whereas other manufacturers were not as concerned about those problems. Two of those not as concerned are Garrett, and most recently White's too. Tesoros are also made in areas of extreme mineralization too, in Arizona, and that is why they operate so well in most soils too. They too have the same committment to produce a detector that works very well in high iron soils. Fisher was the first metal detector manufacturer, producing the first mine locators and consequently saved many lives in the 2nd World War.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well we should find out when we get them................==Jim==

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
They are made in the good ole US of A. Fisher did get bought by First TX, but the same great engineer who designed the GB is now working with them in El Paso. I have a GB2, the Teknetics T2, and a BH (don't laugh I took 2nd place in a coin shoot with my BH!).

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Badger... Yes i did order one but he did not have them in stock. And after your input and a couple of other things i read i was ..lucky.. i called and was able to cancel..........i will put the money in the ...Infinium............................==Jim==

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
I believe that the final assembly is done in the U.S.A. but the circuit boards are made overseas, somewhere. I think this has been done that way for quite a few years. (cheap labor and components)
I have a 15 year old Fisher CZ6 prototype that was made in the U.S.A. totally. I had the good fortune to be one of 12 to be selected to test this machine . It is the best unit I have ever hunted with to this day. I hate to think what I will do if something ever goes wrong with it. Youall have a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and keep on diggin.

Les

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
badger i see you put it up for sale already, didnt like it? pm me if you get a chance, or are you going after your infinium?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions