WHERE ARE YOU SPENDING YOUR COPPER CLAD HALVES? POST HERE!

Treasure-Slut

Jun 23, 2008
Well I figured if many people are on board about spending halves, why not tell people your stories and where you spent them today right here in this thread? Just keep this thread going for a long time with your reports. Today I went to a few banks to ask for loose halves. I got one 40% out of the lot, yay! I also got a big handful of Eisenhower dollars which I will ALSO spend. LOL, I can't wait to see the reaction to those huge coins. Maybe I will buy a book with them at Barns and Noble later tonight hehe. But so far today I bought a frozen lemonade with 5 half dollars.....that would have been like 5 CENTS in the 40's...damn you federal reserve fractional banking system! So yeah also tell about any other wierd coins you have used to buy things with such as Eisenhower, susan B or whatever else.

Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Silver_Fox said:
Treasure-Slut said:
TXTim said:
Spend them at drive-thru fast food places and 2 out of 3 times you'll get more change than what you gave them.
Shame that kids on the registers have no idea what they're looking at these days when you pay with a pile of halves...

Nice tip, I'll definatly have to try that one. There are alot of hispanic fresh imports at the fast food places around here who barely speak any english so maybe they would fall for it having no chance of ever seeing a half dollar in their life. :thumbsup:
Bad advice. Knowingly taking advantage like that would make the person doing it a liar, cheat and thief.

I always correct them, give it back and teach them a coin lesson.

cs15

Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
I tend to pick out a bunch of the nicer looking halves and the good looking bicentennial ones when I go though my boxes and spend these. I have alot of people thanking me for these when I give them for payment. I had a lady at Burger King yesterday say "you don't even want these bicentennials?".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread