Where can a professional apraiser be found.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should post a picture of your button here. There are a ton of people here that could help you and send you links as well.

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Go down to Metal detecting, find Rellic Hunting, and click on Buttons. You will find some of the texas button listed by Old River. These are the ones I would like an aprasial on. The Navy button was in the W & E treasures last best finds issue. Can also be found in Best Finds, by Old River.

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The celebration went great. I wish you could have made it. I didn't realize so many people were so interested in the things that I had displayed. The history is what really excited them. Lots of the older folks stood, and talk for up to an hour, and a half about the community, and the things that new. I did come up with some more sites that I will be checking as soon as the weather cools down. I'll keep it posted as I check them. Thanks for the reply, and I will be checking this out.

Old River

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess you could call me a lucky dog, but It was very nice to talk to those folks. You should have heard some of the stories they told. Especially one of the older ladies. Wow.....

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One's an old store site from the 1800's. People use to come from all around to this store to shop. They would come in one afternoon, and camp on the hillside by the store until the next day, and get their supplies. Then return home. Ones's an old Homestead site. Can't wait....

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Texas Marine Corp. This is just one of the Texas buttons. I have Republic of Texas Army, Texas navy, and Marine corp.

Attachments

• Texas Marine Corp.jpg
    Texas Marine Corp.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 209
  • Texas Marine Corp.jpg
    Texas Marine Corp.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 213

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Well did you ever get anything appraised? If so what did they say? That's a nice button. Have you found anything else Texas Republic wise? Is this enough questions? ;D

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have found seven Texas Navy buttons, one Republic of Texas Army staff button, and the one Texas Marine Corp button. I have lots of relics from the same site that probably came from that time. Lots of flat buttons, and Flower buttons. Musket ball, and infeld rifle bullets also. I don't know what some of the things are. I have found gun parts, and parts from the Brown Bess muskets. I'm told the brown bess was used by the Mexicans. I can't list everything I've found there. There's to much to list. Thanks, and I hope you enjoyed the post.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally saw this Texas button and relic collection and let me tell y'all, it does not get any better than that! All I could do was stand there and say "wow" over and over!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread