Where can I buy stilled fruit brandy between New Orleans and Keokuk Iowa?

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Driving to Keokuk Ia./ Hamilton Ill. on the Mississippi River next month for the Geode Fest. I don't drink but want to purchase some homemade fruit brandy enroute or return. Just as a novelty perhaps to offer friends. Hopefully quarts but probably only gallons are sold. Anyone knows of such available? What fruits do they cook? Apple? Peach? Bannana? Cherry? Are they proofed? I used to think when I was young; how cool brandy must be(and Harvey's Bristal Cream) till I tried them! Both I thought were nasty! Nasty! Was thinking Harvey's must be like Bailey's. Wrong! With a 12 hour drive due north, I'm sure their still'n near. I was in the Navy, stationed 20 miles north of Memphis in the late 70's, I had seen and knew of moonshine in the area. Pm me please if you are reluctant to post.
Thanks, Ray
Not gonna pay crazy price for sweet-fire water. But want quality. Lol

OP
OP
N

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
44 thousand plus members and no thoughts? 5-10 thousand of you are I'm sure dwinkers. Not 1 reply. Not even ticm, spartacus, jeffofpa(he chimes in on everything and intelectually). Not even Frankn! LOL We have less than 2 weeks now. My 650 mile trek begins soon. I'm sure it's nothing I can google with results. Except mabe JAIL!
Gone thru Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennesee and Missouri! Buncha cookin happening along Ole Man River for sure!
I'll even sign a waiver. But won't consider sales tax. LOL
Ray

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Brandy IS cool. Go get a bottle of Hennessy V.S. or Remy Martin V.S.O.P. at a good liquor store and you will change your mind. Expensive, but the best. As for homemade fruit brandy, you will have to just ask around. I doubt that many people make it for general sale, but I could be wrong. There are recipes on the internet that you can try or your best bet is to visit an old mom and pop liquor store in a small town around the area and ask. I don't think that it is the big secret it used to be and brandy like that is usually only made for family and friends now. I sort of think that you're wasting your time, but that is your business. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread