Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
First time poster here on the Garage Sale Forum but I have been dumpster diving since the 70s long before it became fashionable.

I have almost 100 miniature vintage whiskeys sealed with the original contents mostly 70s and 80s.. EBay no longer allows whiskey sales and USPS will not ship.

I hear that vintage whiskeys are hot hot right now. Where can I sell my Whiskeys? I dont want to ship to Germany.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
BCH,
You might try contacting the Northwest Miniature Bottle Club from this site: Northwest Miniature Bottle Club - Contact Me
Don.......
Im not good at writing but I could try. I noticed there are only 2 guests viewing the site and Im one of them.

The best place to sell I am told is a whiskey auctioner in Germany. I would like to know the best online auction site to sell in America. Mine are all minis. http://www.drinkspirits.com/other/ebay-bans-alcohol-sales-whisky-auction-alternatives/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Im checking into Etsy. I can still sell my empty minis on eBay but the vintage bottles with original contents have more value and will have to be sold somewhere else..

Upstate Rich

May 24, 2013
Upstate
Detector(s) used
Minelab products,Ex2,Ex Se pro,Coil-Tek coils,Sunray Coils,white's Eagle Spectrum,Bounty Hunter,Bucket and shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet ...nothin like Pre-Proibition Booze....lol....
Mini's are a specialized part of bottle collecting,some people like the bottle,other the bott needs to be mint with contents,other collect the tax stamps.....
By the way the stuff in the booze,would be considerd a antique and not for consumption.....sell on ebay....

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Any Jack Daniels I would be interested in purchesing them.
Jack Daniels is very collectable I noticed. I have 2 Federal Law 4/5 quarts from 50s-60s that I am selling on eBay because they are empty. I think they were priced too high at $49 each but I did have a ton of interest.
Im going to reduce the starting auction price to $29 and relist and I will tell you when I relist if you are interested.

Its the full bottles that I am trying to find a place to sell because eBay prohibits sales of alcohol. I have rough estimate about 60 vintage glass miniature spirits that are full; about 30-40 half full due to evaporation and another 50 or more that are empty.

I have picked out the oldest and rarest full and partial contents bottles to sell to the whiskey auction. I still have at least 50 full vintage 80s miniatures left that I would like to sell in one lot. Most of the tax stamps are in bad shape. It only includes one full 80s Jack Daniels no.7..

The 50 emptys from the 80s can go on eBay as one lot and will probably go cheap.

Im not sure yet what price can be realized for the full ones.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I could try.
I've sold over $1000 in stuff on CL in the last few months. 2 bb guns, a couple Nazi related items, 2 pinfire mini pistols, a treadmill, a neon light, a lawn mower and a Jiffy Steamer and board. Some of it not local. Stuff I couldn't list on ebay due to regulations and items too large/heavy to ship. It works, takes a little time sometimes but it does work. Don't give a phone number and make email anonymous. Make them email you and leave a phone number, to show they are serious. Just be careful when doing local deals, make it in a public spot with plenty of witnesses, lol.

On a side note... I've found that estate sales are a great place to find liquor for cheap prices. I don't buy any but, if I were a drinking man, I would never have to go the liquor store again.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OK thanks. I used to use the Bargain Trader for large local items.

I dont know how to do PayPal outside of eBay. Is there anything I need to know?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK thanks. I used to use the Bargain Trader for large local items.

I dont know how to do PayPal outside of eBay. Is there anything I need to know?
If you send an invoice via paypal, make sure you don't mention full liquor bottles if you are mailing them. Just put collectible liquor decanters or bottles or something like that.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/m...serAgreement_full#11. Protection for Sellers.
SELLER PROTECTION FOR PAYPAL.

11.3 Eligibility Requirements.
To be eligible for PayPal Seller protection, you must meet all of the basic requirements listed below under (a) Basic Requirements. To be covered for Item Not Received protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Item Not Received Additional Requirements listed below under (b). To be covered for Unauthorized Transaction protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements listed below under (c).
a. Basic Requirements:

• You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details Page.
  • You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
  • The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
  • Your primary residence, as listed in your Account, must be in the United States.
b. Item Not Received Additional Requirements:

• For Chargebacks, the payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” for PayPal Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
  • You must provide Proof of Delivery as described below in Section 11.4.
  • If the payment is for pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, shipment is required within the timeframe specified in your item listing. Otherwise, it is recommended that you ship all items within 7 Days after receipt of payment.
c. Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements:

• The payment must be marked “eligible” for PayPal Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
  • You must provide Proof of Shipment or Proof of Delivery.
11.4 Proof of Shipment, Proof of Delivery and Signature Confirmation Requirements.
"Proof of Shipment" is online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

• The date the item is shipped.
  • The recipient’s address matches the shipping address provided on the Transaction Details Page.
  • The recipient’s address, showing at least the city & state, or city & country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).
"Proof of Delivery" is online documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

• The item’s status as delivered.
  • The date the item is delivered.
  • The recipient address is the same as in the shipping address section on the Transaction Details Page.
  • The recipient's address, showing at least the city & state, or city & country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).
  • Signature Confirmation as described below if the full amount of the payment including shipping and taxes is $250 USD or more

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I think I can mail whiskey by ground. Thanks for the info I will read it.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I just sold 3 empty miniature vintage whiskeys on eBay for $29.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread