Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the big overhaul of this site, Seems no one stops by anymore. I have to admit, I had to visit a few times before I could even find this spot. It used to be a regular stop for me. I have lots to share, but if no one is here to look then......?

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Since the big overhaul of this site, Seems no one stops by anymore. I have to admit, I had to visit a few times before I could even find this spot. It used to be a regular stop for me. I have lots to share, but if no one is here to look then......?
I have the same issue with Iowa forum. No one is there.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Due to knee issues I have not been digging much. I have been having more luck coinstar hunting. (Found a 1/10 gold Krugerrand and multiple silvers)

Like now I do stop in to see how everyone is doing and there is not much.

BFR
Gotta love pulling a golden ‘roo from there! Congrats.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never found much interest and activity on the state forum I live. I always go to what's new. I've seen other forums also slip, such as the thrift store one, which was once really active, other than me it seems now. Not sure the change in how it all functions really has anything much to do with it. I think folks just eventually move along and find interest elsewhere. Kind of reminds me of that popular show Cheers. They all just went away.

ken135

Sep 24, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
F75LTD, G2+, Tesoro Mojave & Bandido 2 micro-max, Deep Tech GG & X
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never found much interest and activity on the state forum I live. I always go to what's new. I've seen other forums also slip, such as the thrift store one, which was once really active, other than me it seems now. Not sure the change in how it all functions really has anything much to do with it. I think folks just eventually move along and find interest elsewhere. Kind of reminds me of that popular show Cheers. They all just went away.
I try to post exclusively on my state forum. I think most people post on the main forums so they can get more "likes" and such. If you keep it local you'll meet more people.

However, I do read posts from all states and other countries. I just like to post it, where I found it.

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I for one enjoy all of the posts from around this country, and from our friends in other parts of the world. I have learned a lot, and find it all very interesting. If you are only interested in your home state you are missing out. IMO.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I for one enjoy all of the posts from around this country, and from our friends in other parts of the world. I have learned a lot, and find it all very interesting. If you are only interested in your home state you are missing out. IMO.
You said it perfectly! I’ve gained Sooo much knowledge on this site. Hopefully I’ve contributed too.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to look here on the forum but haven't been out detecting a lot in the last few years so not much to contribute. It seems people come and go. I wish these "cheap" (good value)detectors were around when I was getting into it again. I'm surprised they havent started more newbies and traffic here?

warthog

Apr 28, 2010
Grosse Pointe Farms
What happened to local finds? We used to see top finds by state

IHC656

Jul 17, 2023
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I drop in here once in a while, seems the sport has taken a hit the last few years.. or we are all just getting too old...lol
2024 will be the 4th I have been doing MD.
Took me a while to find the Michigan section.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Good evening amigo or good morning from my part of world. I have been posting here for nearly 19 years. Many of those originally that had posted here have left either dying or losing interest.

It seems forums are running out steam. many have moved onto face book groups and other forms of media. The younger generation just want to be Tick Tock or be you tube stars these days. People still detect and treasure hunt it just the changes in society in how they share things.

I should add it is not a problem with treasurenet alone its with all forums. Most of the other forums have withered and died. For many it seems while the treasure hunting community is still out there. The forums have run its course. The next generation are not interested in Forums as they have read and write and not communicate with just emojis or watch you clips for their short attention spans.

So it comes down to a demographic that is progressively checking out for eternity.

Sadly old Crow will be gone when the next fair winds of fate blow. I am in gods transit lounge in permanent exile! unwanted at present watching god and devil fight it out and loser gets me.

Crow
:laughing7:

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well said!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No fresh recoveries for me in Mi..
I did go past a site recently that needs attention next spring seeking the other half to a match case I wouldn't mind seeing.
IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread