Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will start with my experience;
I was driving home from work one night and in front
of the local arcade on Main street Winchester, KY, I saw
this beautiful blonde wearing tight pants and this white
poets shirt and told myself, you have to meet her.
With me been very shy, I called the arcade and asked for
her and we talked for a few minutes on the phone and she
took my number and said I will call you when I get to my friends
house, I said that is great.
A few hours passed by, it was now 1:00 A.m and she finally called
and we talked from 1:00 until 7 the next morning when she had to
head home and go to work, she lived 65 miles away in Shelbyville,
where we live at now and have for 11 years.
I met her at a gas station before she left so shed know who she was
talking to and we both fell in love( feel sorry for her now)with each
other and that was in 1996, we married later that year and have been in
love since and have 3 kids, two boys and a girl .
Thats my story, what is yours ?

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
I met her on the back step of the church,She was so darn cute , I stopped her and said ,Ithink you need a kiss, and we did and have been marriedalmost 60 years. Bob

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing9: Chug and I met through my ex husband. ;D They both started working at the same place, on the same assembly line! :laughing9: A month after they started working there, there was a company picnic, which was not fun for me, I had two kids in diapers, and the youngest had the squirts that day, so I spent the day changing diapers, making sure the kids got to do their rides, and made sure they ate too. Anyway, at the end of the day, my middle son who was 4, decided to disapear! ::)Thankfully Chug went to look for him, and found him! :hello2: That was 19 years ago, we have been best freinds ever since then, and got married on Valentines day, 1995, we have been through hell and back, and our love gets stronger and better everyday. :hello2: I have 3 son's from a previous marriage, and Chug loves them as if they were his own, my middle son loves him so much he wants to change his last name to mine and Chug's, and have Chug adopt him! ;D Because of Chug, my son's open doors for women, give up their seats if there is no place for a woman to sit, they say ma'am and sir, and show respect for their elders, no they are not wimps, they are young men who were raised with manners! ;D My favorite thing Chug told the boys when he and I got together, he told them "If you EVER hit your mom, you had better run, because that will the last time you raise you hand against her!" Red :hello:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool stories

I bought hay from my hubby to feed my horses. I was on my truck, he was throwing up bales and I wore short shorts, and he said, nice view from here when I bent over. Hmm..ok, sounds good to me.
He never would unload trucks for people, but he offered to follow me home and unload the hay. Hmmm..ok, sounds good to me. Asked me on a date, about year later moved in together and married 3 years later. Been together over 16 years now.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: Got some great stories here, thank you for sharing, and I cannot wait to see more posts!!!! :icon_thumright: Red :hello:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met mind at a dance club one night,and I really wasn't going to go,since I was training for a marathon,but my running buddy wanted to go so I went with him.While I was their I met an old girlfriend who introduced me to my wife,something sparked right then and there(she later tells me this),and I new this was the girl for me.We danced the rest of the night and the next night after work I was already to go for a long run(20 miles),but she called instead,so I ran over to her apartment and didn't leave until the next afternoon.About 5 months later we got an apartment together and then after 2 years we got married and 3 years after that our Twins were born and the rest is history.
I love you dear. :coffee2: :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in a bar one night playing in a doubles foosball tourament, (which we won) while sitting at a table waiting for my next match I noticed a magazine on the table next to me and I picked it up, it was a magazine full of women from all over the world looking for penpals. While flipping through it I came on a picture of a really beautiful Filipino girl, I thought to myself "why can't she live here, why does she have to live 8,500 miles away, I would love to meet her"...

The magazine stayed on the table and after I won each match and moved up the tournement ladder I would sit down and look at her picture. After a couple hours I decided it would be nice to write to her so I kept the magazine and called the number in the magazine the next day to get her address.. Addresses were sold $2.50 each, the man I talked to told me the magazine was 6 months old and if she was pretty she probably had a 100 men writting to her and if I wanted to correspond with women in other countries I should buy more address, he was a good salesman so I bought 10 addresses of women in Europe, South America, and Asia.....

I wrote letters to all 10 ladies and waited for replies, about 3 weeks later I started getting letters from all over the world, but none from my future wife. I continued to write to the ladies and it was really nice to learn about other cultures and to get to know them.....I still wrote my future wife Sally a couple letters even though I got no replies.....3 months later I got my first letter from my future wife....

It turned out all the letters went to her mother who lived on a different island, her younger sister would read the letters to her mother and her mother forwarded the letters she liked to my future wife, my wife didn't want to write to me because she was already writting to over 30 men regularly and was getting letters from over a 150 men, she was overwhelmed with letters.....I know this because she showed me the box of letters when I visited her.

Sally and I corresponded for about 9 months before I decided I wanted to meet her in person, I made plans and flew from St Louis, Mo
to San Francisco and from there to Manila, Philippines, and then 500 miles south to Cebu, Philippines where Sally lived..... It was a 4 hour flight from St Louis to San Francisco, 18 hours flight nonstop from San Francisco to Manila, and then another hour to Cebu.. 23.5 hours in the air not counting the lay over time in San Fran and Manila.... I left St Louis at 2pm in the afternoon and landed in Cebu, Philippines 28.5 hours later, I basically spent 23.5 hours in the air, 5 hours on the ground and flew 8,500 miles on a blind date.....

I spent 3 wonderful weeks in the Philippines, I returned home and we wrote for another 6 months before I asked her to marry me, I returned to the Philippines and brought her back to the states on a fiance visa.

All of this was without the internet, in 1996-97 there was only dialup and internet was nothing like we have today, basically just websites.. It took about 5 weeks to mail a letter and get a reply to that letter and a phone call was $3.00 a minute then........

We are celebrating our 14 anniversary this year.... :icon_thumright:

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I had grown up in oil camps in foreign countries, he had grown up in the Oklahoma oil/farm fields. When I hit highschool age, I had a choice to go to a boarding school, or live with my Grandmother in Small town USA, I wanted that.... In the 9th grade, I sat very scared and shy in a new school, the late bell rang, and in came the loud, boistrous, football team. They were laughing and teasing this big 'ol farmboy, who was laughing right along with them, and handing it right back, I fell in love. That was 30 years ago. We're one of those "high-school" romances everyone likes to joke about, but ya know...I don't get the joke, :wink: we were 14, he's my life!!. Thanks allen!

stagger

Sep 29, 2010
Carrizozo, NM
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado Umax * Bounty Hunter Tracker 1-D/505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I met Deb when I went to work for the East Mountain, TX police dept at the very beginning of my police career. She was the city secretary and worked in the same building as the PD. I was in a terrible marriage at the time and therefore wasn't much on talking with females. I figured I had enough on my hands with the one at home. lol Sooo, Deb actually thought I was an arrogant jerk. Well, I left East Mountain for a better paying job with a larger department and that was that. Fast forward about 7 years and there I was at home by myself, divorced, and wanting someone to talk to. I had recently gotten my first pc and was surfing one late night and I get a message that someone wanted to chat. I could tell from the name that it was a female so I said ok. Well, after a couple minutes she types,"I know you". I said no you don't and she came back by telling me where I used to work and my childrens names. Surprise!! She also told me that when she knew me 7 years earlier that she had thought I was a jerk. So, to make a long story short, I told her that if she'd have dinner with me I'd change her mind. She agreed and we wound up marrying about 11 months later. Now we have been married for 8+ years and are best friends and wonderfully happy. I reckon I'm not such a jerk after all :)

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met mine in Germany. We were both MP's in the Army.

I was stationed in Germany in Jan 1980. Walked in the barracks and saw my wife's picture on the bulletin board she had won soldier of the month. I kept glancing at it for a week. When she got back from leave I asked her to a movie, she said yes. We got married DEC 1980, in a German castle, Cool. Honeymooned in Paris. Still together after 30 years. :D ;D :icon_thumright:

Ed D.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I had a married friend that was doing the "cyber" thing and he started "cybering" with some woman (also married) on the west coast (CA). This led to some actual conversations tween the two, the woman had a girlfriend over so the three were talking. My friend mentioned to the woman that he had a friend that her friend might like. I was just getting a PC but didn't have it yet so I talked with all of them at my friends house a few times until mine came. When I got set up about a month later the womans friend and I started talking privately, eventually exchanging phone numbers which led to me going over there for about 2 weeks in July which led to her moving here in September. That was 1999 and we got married in 3/8/03 (if I show her this and get that date wrong this could be my last post :laughing7:). That the Readers Digest version of how we met.

Digger Dan

May 31, 2011
I was working in an office, where every day my co-worker got a phone call from his girlfriend. They started a running joke, that they needed to get a girl for me, and proceeded to set me up on a blind date with his girlfriend's best friend. That was the best date I ever had, and that was 40 years ago. We were married 37 years ago and she still is my date.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Here is my story

I was at the county fair and she kept on walking by me. She knew my brother and sister but didn't know me. She started calling me at night and we would talk. Now she was 16 and I was 23 and she was calling me. I meet her parents and they liked me so we started seeing each other. Now this was in Aug of 1978 I asked her dad if it was Ok for us to get married and he told me it was Ok with him. But she had to finish school as she was a Junior so she still had a year and a half to go I told him that she would finish. We got engage in Dec 0f 1978 She turn 17 on Feb 7 and we was married on Feb 10 1979. And yes she finish high school and we are still happily married.......Matt

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Friend had ringside tickets to a live 'Lady Rasslin Tournament'. This bigjugged redhead was struttin the ring ropes and I told her I could pin her in 3 . She took me up on the bet for a private match .
30 years later , we are still at a draw and still rasslin to break the tie . :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While working as 'housepainters', my Uncle forgot our lunch, so we went to a local malt shop, I was attracted to the waitress, after calling her boss to see if she was married or 'taken', I asked her out, & we were married two months later, that was 35 years ago.

Fossis..............

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was a manager trainee at a lumber/hardware store in the Keys. She hired on as a cashier...the first time I saw her is still a fresh image. The assistant manager had the hots for her, but we ended going out and moving in together. We got married in Houston where her folks were, after, I'm ashamed to admit, she asked me twice. Then came the girls and then her time. It was ten irreplaceable years never to be forgotten.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I hooked up with my 'ol lady on a blind date, set up by mutual friends. Met her on the rebound after my ex girlfriend and I split up. We had a shotgun wedding lol, been happily married for 11 years now with two kids. ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread