Where did the Fisher ((labs NOT J.W.) forum go?

Batch

Apr 18, 2004
Kusel County
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day all,

I haven't been to treasurenet.com in more than a year and my, my how things change! Does the Fisher forum still exist? I can't seem to find it. I have a CZ-5 that I've been using with great success (happiness) for 3-4 years. I'm in the U.S. Air Force stationed in Germany and am back in the states for a few weeks. Sure wish I'd packed my detector! The weather here in south AL is WONDERFUL right now and I'm itchin' to get out. In fact, it is SO bad I might buy a 2nd machine just to satisfy the urge...the closest dealer isn't far away and has a White's Classic ID and an MXT on the shelf...one of them is calling my name! (I just can't figure out which one <smile>)

I will be getting out-n-about in Germany once I return...are there any English speaking folks in Germany who can give me advice on the German laws re metal detecting in public parks, etc? I am primarily a "coinshooter".

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Upvote 0

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
German metal detecting laws

Dave,
Hey, I am an American also living in Germany now. I'm about 20 mins South of Nurnberg, in a little town called Allersberg. Here is a website forum (in German) on metal detecting: http://www.schatzsucher.de/Foren/forumdisplay.php?f=16
If you can't read German well, like me, this post might help. I asked a similar question in English there, here is a reply.
"
But the big deal is you need a permission of the "Bayerisches Landesdenkmalamt" (Bavarian Administration of historic sites) to search the roman cities, setttlements, roman streets and ways or any other historic sites. Forget about getting such a license, welcome to german bureaucratism. There is a law called "Denkmalschutzgesetz" (law for the protection of historic sites) and because of this law everyone who want to do some sort of search, digging or changing a historic site in any conceivable way needs a permission. Those permissions are hard to come by. For Detectorist almost impossible. Don't even Think about searching at such sites without a permission, the fines are pretty hefty and your detector is seized. It's a misdemeanor, so they will not throw you in the slammer.
Lot's of people will call the police, if they see a THer, they are not sure why they call it, but they will do it anyway, just to feel important. Police in Germany will follow the call, come hail or high water.

But you are allowed to do TH'ing outside of historic sites and outside of what's called "Naturschutzgebiet" nature preservations. Don't get caught in such a preservation either. Same thing, hefty fine and you can kiss your detector good bye.

With permission of the owner you can search at fields and meadows and in the woods. In Germany the woods are open to the public domain for hiking and TH'ing is allowed as long as it is no historic site or nature preservation and as long as you do not disturb nature espescially wildlife. Normally no one minds as long as you use earphones and fill in your holes.

To get some ideas about the region and find some sites worth to do some detection I suggest you buy yourself a map from the "Bayerischen Landesvermessungsamt" the map number for the Allersberg map (resolution is 1:25.000) is 6733. You can get or at least order this map in any bookstore, cost are about 5,50 Euro. Also a map about the Landkreis Roth would be dremendously helpfull, mine is from the St?dte-Verlag and cost were about 4,-- Euro.

With this maps you can easily identify places of intererst, like springs or old fortifications, ring walls (I don't know if this is the correct english term for it) little rivers. Just have a look at the wooden areas of the map and try to think as a guy from the middleages. Thats what I do, well at least I try.

Make visits to the local museums, ask for the Heimatpfleger and contact the Geschichts- und Heimatverein (local history club). Visit the local library and ask for books about the local and regional history (Heimatgeschichte, Regionalgeschichte). That's how I research for places of interest.
"
I'm looking to get my first detector and am looking at the Fisher ID Excel and the Fisher CZ-3D. There are many posts on the fisher forum over at findmall. Would be nice to talk with you when you get back regarding detecting here..... The language barrier sort of limits local communication.
:?

OP
OP
B

Batch

Apr 18, 2004
Kusel County
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
earthmansurfer,

Thanks for the info! I will look you up upon my return in May.

Happy hunting,

Dave

Attachments

• SAM_0972.JPG
    SAM_0972.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
  • SAM_0968.JPG
    SAM_0968.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 40
  • SAM_0957.JPG
    SAM_0957.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
  • SAM_0967.JPG
    SAM_0967.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 41
  • SAM_0960.JPG
    SAM_0960.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 37
  • SAM_0958.JPG
    SAM_0958.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
  • SAM_0969.JPG
    SAM_0969.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 38
  • SAM_0970.JPG
    SAM_0970.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 40
  • SAM_0971.JPG
    SAM_0971.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
  • SAM_0941.JPG
    SAM_0941.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 41

awsmix

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2004
Elmore county, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, 1260
Fisher forum

The Fisher Forum is still available at www.fisherlab.com. It is not a very good site, not as good as this one.
I have not been back in Alabama very long, and am just getting back in the coin hunting mode. How far south are you.
Good Hunting
Mix

OP
OP
B

Batch

Apr 18, 2004
Kusel County
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awsmix,
Thanks for the update on the Fisher site...I will try to find it upon my return to GE. I was visiting my mother in Enterprise, AL about ninety miles south of Montgomery. I am now in Northern FL (doing Air Force stuff!) and hope to get out hunting in just a few minutes...the weather here is PERFECT today. I have purchased a White's DFX and am anxious to see how it does. (I have high hopes!)

There are a few old schools and abandoned churches I would like to hunt when I return to S AL this fall for a visit. If you are nearby maybe we can get together.

Good luck!

Dave

captainkettel

Mar 24, 2003
Sequim, WA
If your still looking for the Fisher Forum it's right here! http://www.findmall.com/metal/cz/ I view this site, the Coin$trike Forum and the one your on, TreasureNet Forum. All are filled with tips. The two other forums are for "the Fisher user". They are listed at the same site...HH...Captainkettel

Attachments

• IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0876.JPG
    IMG_0876.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0875.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 1530047735900640985861.jpg
    1530047735900640985861.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0890.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0896.JPG
    IMG_0896.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
OP
OP
B

Batch

Apr 18, 2004
Kusel County
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
earthmansurfer,

I'm back in Germany and ready to get out some. I think I'll try staying on the U.S. military bases around the Kaiserslautern area until I get used to the new Whites machine. I understand there is a "Metal Detecting Chaplain" in this area and he goes to lots of relic sites. Maybe he'll see me out and about and offer to show me the ropes first hand around here. <smile>

Let me know if/when you find yourself down this way...we'll make a day of it!

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions