OP
robberry

robberry

Feb 6, 2008
Central California, Now NW Florida!
Detector(s) used
EX2 with X-1 Sun Ray Probe
CATFISHJK1 said:
Don't know how to find him. For your info, dogtags were first introduced on 20 Dec 1906 and they started placing serial numbers on dogtags on 12 Feb 1918, so it could be from the last of WW1.

Thanks for the info...I guess I meant WW1 era..lolz

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
go to familysearch.org which is the mormon genealogical website. Click on the search tab. type in the name from the dog tag. Click on the listings and determine which one he was and where he was from. Once you know where he was from and where he died go to switchboard.com. Click on the find person tab. Type in the last name and that town and see if there are any listings. If there are they most likely are his family and you can send them a card asking if they are related and want it back.
good luck, siegfried schlagrule

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you found this in Cal I would start at the local library and find out if he had any relatives still around. Maybe even take a ad in the local paper.

PLL

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
robberry said:
I found this WW1 dogtag the other day. I want to reunite it with the family. As I'm sure the owner is no longer with us(maybe?). Anyone know where I should start? Maybe someone has connection? Heres a pic...thanks for looking...Rob
punch in google, wwI veterans. gotta get a hit. i found a ww2/ korean war pilot i.d. badge. real cool. photo, i.d., porcelain coated metal. nice shape. found the widow in 30 minutes on the phone. they invited me to come see there pilot dad and husband's WALL OF FAME. i didn't follow thru. 25 miles away. they were elated. i'm such an idiot at times. i gotta do it. hope they are still there. i have photos of it. they said i could use it for WE treasures. i missed the fine man by a year. good luck. it will make you a hero! Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread