Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
I find my best stuff in the woods around an old fairgrounds.
Next spring I hope to have a big old grove to hunt. It was the sight of revival meetings and church picnics and harvest dinners in the late 1800s and early 1900s. It is all woods too.

I like anywhere old that doesn't get pounded constantly.

HH
Mark

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find my best stuff at my kid's school playground, they also have an annual fair at that spot.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find all my good stuff in the ground.... :icon_scratch: Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Since I do most of my hunting in the water, I do very well at beaches and swim areas. Mostly where they have concession stands.

S

seger98

In Wisconsin I find my best stuff along river banks, fur trade, old copper culture....

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Schools and sports parks for rings and other jewelry. Old private yards around here have produced more obsolete coins per square foot than the old parks.

Nat

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I do pretty well at Parks, House properties, and beaches. Of Course, me and JuJu ask permission before we hunt any houses. Ususally I am too afraid to ask. ;D

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Extinct parks that were once used in the 20's and 30's are sometimes, if not most times turned into kiddie parks in the cities. These were usually ball parks of one kind or another. if your town had or has a minor leaque team, playing to be pro, then probably they have a park set aside for them. Or if they had a team in the past, then they had a field set aside for that purpose. Mostly I'm talking baseball, which was more popular in the early years. Where there were crowds, the possibility exists for some nice silver coins or jewelry. Just depends on what you are looking for.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
treasuredog,
Chinatown of Chicago was good for years
but now.........

Best stuff is on the far south side; south of the
city of Chicago. 8) :-X

But the law has been cracking down of late,
must keep your eyes open. 8) :-X

have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the bottom of my wifes purse. :tongue3: ;D

O.K., actually I find my best (most enjoyable) finds hunting early 1900's and older properties. Great variety to be had, and the CW areas really add to the fun. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Park in the woods Also pull a fair number of colonial coppers, large cents, and relic from them plus no one around to bother me. ;D

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a guy that hangs out down the corner I get some pretty good stuff from..... :tard:

Actually, there are a couple places I seem to do well at. Woods surrounding parks. Don't know why but there seems to be quite a bit away from those open areas and shelters.

And I like ghost towns. I've stumbled across a few, some in the upper tiers of the state, one just a couple miles from me.....I like to hike and study the lay of the land, then use my imagination, trying to picture that long gone lumber camp or mining town...how the workers might have sat at the base of a tree to take a break in his baggy old pants...maybe a hole in his pocket....

It's not so much coins...just some pretty neat junk....and I love finding that old junk....it speaks tales to me.

Al

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Old yards for silver and jewelry. Old plantation sites for the relics, it might only be a cinch strap buckle from a saddle, but it get my blood moving.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread