Where do you hunt at most often and what times?

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Gold hunting any time, mostly spring through fall any time through out the week. Nugget shooting year round any day of the week. Coin and relics year round any day of the week. Gold prospecting and nugget shooting dawn til dust up to twelve hours a day. Coins and relics about two to five hours a day depending on mood weather and location.

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
anytime the north wind pounds the beach.my last coin was about 20 days ago a 1887 dollar.i'm looking for arrowheads but the coin was a bonus.

JAN2011

Apr 21, 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - MXT - Excalibur II
Had lots of luck at school playgrounds, (seven good rings so far this year). I won't go near the school though while classes are in session. No need for an alarm to be raised about some guy on the school property with a "weapon".

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ploughed fields - daytime

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like hunting when everyone is at work during the week days. I don't do schools often, especially when school is in session. Sumertime is best when all of the kids are away. No nights. Someone might sneak up on you and who knows what. I hunt old homesites, preferably before 1900. I use old map platte from the 1800's. Go to your library and look around. They are a source of old atlases and maps. I hunt until the ground is too frozen to dig and it's too darn cold. I hunted into january this past year with snow on the ground. Snow insulates the ground and holds in heat. Kick it away and you can dig it

Hidden_Realm

Oct 18, 2009
Niagara, Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Mostly old bygone homesteads, a few old parks and off in the woods. As for a time, a few daytime digs but mostly evenings and nights when quieter around so no one to bug me :icon_thumleft:

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Graveyards,,,,real late at night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT!!!!!!!!!! :laughing9:

MOSTLY YARD SITES,, Around 9:00am-2:30pm

arthur

Attachments

134.5 KB · Views: 198

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
parks in the morning, school yards on the weekend and summer time when no one is around. Beaches in the early morning in the summer time when the ground is to hard to dig in.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread