Where Does Gold Come From?

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know a lot of you folks that have been prospecting for a lot of years are knowledgeable in geology. I'm a newcomer to prospecting, only been at it for a few months. But I have done a lot of thinking and some reading about geology and how certain minerals or rock originated. We've all heard the story about diamonds and how they are formed from carbon by pressure, heat and time. But does anyone know how gold is formed or how it came to be here on our blue planet?

I've read a couple of "theories" about it. One theory is that it got here via meteorites that hit when the Earth was young. Yet I never hear of anyone finding any recent meteorites with gold in their composition today.

So does anyone here, or does science really know where our gold came from or how it was formed/created?

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold just "is" but then according to Bill Clinton "That depends on your definition of "is" :laughing7:
Actually all that "is" originally came from one source....... GOD!
Just don't ask where God came from. :dontknow:

GG~

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold just "is" but then according to Bill Clinton "That depends on your definition of "is" :laughing7:
Actually all that "is" originally came from one source....... GOD!
Just don't ask where God came from. :dontknow:

GG~
I know where God came from. We talk daily. Ok, he mostly listens because I got alot to say. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread