Where has all the treasure gone?

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Sitting here this morning a song kept going through my head from the Hippie era "WHERE HAVE ALL THE YOUNG MEN GONE-GONE TO GRAVE YARDS EVERYONE" and this started me to thinking about TODAYS treasure hunters.
You can sit and listen to the Old Pros talk about the Good Old Days and they tell a good story but my friends times have changed. If the Old guys were out treasure hunting today they would starve to death and fall by the way side. Do not get me wrong they did their part in history and will be recorded as Heroes as they should be.
I recall one time that they used to blow up ballast rock to get to what was underneath. They were not concerned with cannons or anchors or anything else except Gold and Silver and there were no laws that prevented them from doing this.
Their time has come and will soon be in the History books.
I guess the reason that I am writing this is because I still get questions about the 2008 Expo asking who will be the Guest Speakers and I tell them that I am not in charge of the 2008 EXPO and if I were there would NOT be a single Guest Speaker
My friends the Future is for the younger generation and not for old farts like myself. I can help those that have an open mind and not afraid to do things a little different than Old Timers. We old farts are set in our ways but after many many years we have learned from our numerous mistakes and try to past on this knowledge, sometimes we can but most of the time no one wants to listen.
I guess that I am leading to is the upcoming 2008 EXPO.
WHERE IS IT GOING TO TAKE PLACE?
WHAT ARE THE DATES?
WHO IS INVOLVED?
WHO ARE THE COMMITTEE MEMBERS?
I was also told that there would not be a CEO but if this is correct then who makes the final decissions? Somebody has to or it will not go anywhere but down hill.
People think there is plenty of time but time is running out FAST and DECISSIONS have TO BE MADE.
Maybe I am feeling sorry for myself but I have no idea I just want the EXPO to be a success and where everyone can have a great time.
Later
Peg leg

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Is it only me who hears the crickets chirping over here?

Interesting, all that complaining and nobody to step up to the plate... typical ..

Aaron

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought i heard violins in the background.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
EDITED BY ME!

Let's keep a positive mind set and keep this forum productive. I think Carl is an excellent choice for chair of the Expo. Peg, sit back and things will work themselves out.

Robert

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I've been through this a time or two myself and I can tell you all that fighting and bickering will destroy a good thing. The idea is sound, it has merit. If someone is willing to step up and fill Pegleg's shoes, then do so.

A leader should do just that- lead.

Knocking and degrading isn't leading. Offer constructive ideas instead. Try and see how this thing could happen, and how it could benefit you yourself, and the THing community as a whole.

There is a reason the state of Florida listens to the other side more than Th'ers. Lack of cohesive thought and action on our part.

No offense meant or intended towards anyone on this thread but if we don't get our stuff together, there won't be any diving on shipwrecks at all.

Best of luck to whomever is willing is step up to the plate. It takes a strong constitution to piece together a work of art out of a mishmosh of conflicting opinions.

But it can be done. Good luck! :)

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blacksheep,

Dont knock the Conq crew.they are a bunch a great guys.they did what most treasure hunters only dream of doing.getting a great deal on a boat,pooling thier money together,all helping with thier different skills putting it together to go out and dive an look for treasure.even if they dont find it they have a good time and learn more.so what if the capt ran it aground on a trial run.no one is perfect.the sebastian inlet bottom and channels change daily.with me and my boat im pretty much a 1 man show with some help from some reliable friends for my crew.on my first run with my 40 foot striker from ft lauderdale to sebastian it was careened at peanut island at 11pm while me and my friend frank were sleeping.(at the time of setting the anchor we had 9 feet of water under the keel)the boat tilting over at 45 degrees knocked us both right out of our bunks.we had no idea what had happened.little did we know there was a total Eclipse of the moon in turkey that affected the whole eastern tides of the atlantic east coast.extreme low tides like a 9 foot drop in less than 3 hours.never got any warnings from the VHF from NOAA.i had to call someone that was on land in orlando to see if there was anything on the news about it to find out.so we got out of the boat,walked around it.scraped off some barneys,oyster shells an checked for damage.no damage so we checked the radio to find out what time high tide was gonna be at,which was 6:30am.set my cell phone alarm for 7:00am got back in our bunks to sleep with our feet on the walls almost standing up.right before 7am i woke up as the boat righted itself.got up checked the anchor an got frank up,we waited till there was enough water under the keel,cranked up the engines then got the hell out of there thinking the tide could change back like it was at any time.at least i know now what my boat is capable of.when i said i had heard violins in the background,i really did!the new rental neighbor kid plays a violin,lol.at the time i couldnt think of anything better for a reply to peg legs post.it kinda fit though since he has his ups an downs posting here.he does need to take it easy an forget about whos gonna run the expo,stress will kill you!let carl run it,im sure he will do a great job.ok nuff said im gonna go back to wireing up my transducers for my side scan sonar.

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg,
How about asking Marc for your own forum for EXPO 2008. Keep the nay-sayers at bay, get focused and do it.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO CARL: We have sparred many many times in the dowsing site, I have thoroughly enjoyed it, whether I believed what I posted or not, is beside the point.

From this contact with you, I managed to construct a psychological profile on you. If anyone can put this project together, I would back you every time. GO GO GO.

Since I am basically a dry land salvor, I prob. won't be there, but wish you the best of luck.

Don Jose de La Mancha - Till Eulenspiegel - Tayopa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread