Where in Washington should I pan?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Raging has color, as does the Sultan and a few others out towards
Snoqualmie. It's really just a matter of getting out there and doing some
panning. Learn where the gold lies in creeks/rivers, and then keep test
panning till you find some good ground to work.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am from Northern Ca., But have Family in the area of Cle Ellum, WA...
"Heard" from my Uncle and a friend that there was some color to be found on "Swauk Creek" and the N. F. of the Teanaway river....

Sure there are probably better areas, these were just close to where my family lives....
I brought a pan last time I visited, prospected around the Teanaway pretty close to Hwy 10, only found few small specks of color. Always wanted to go upriver, think there's a Teanaway Campground.

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Olney Creek in the Sultan, Gold Bar area. Waddell Creek south of Tacoma. Rushing River near Falls City. Check out PNWGPAA for meetings and outings. While none of these places are great they all have a little color. You need to get off the beaten path to find quality and quantity.

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
If you ever want to try Waddell Cr. let me know. I live 15 minutes away and it will put color in your pan.

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
Join a local association, it's a big help. I hear day creek in mount Vernon is pretty good, I'm looking for a way to get up there myself.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It seems once you pick up a gold pan it is unlikely you will find time for fishing.. Something about gold it makes people forget about other recreational activities.

68Shelby

Greenie
Sep 12, 2013
Mud Flat
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto on the sudden lack of interest in fishing once I started panning.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - The first season of my full-time prospecting, I spent every other evening catching trout for dinner. Second season didn't bother to take my pole. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread