Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Dowsers,

My 92 yr old Dad was at this cave, as a young man around 1942. He was looking down at opening, as the sun rays came in through another opening. The sunlight at bottom of hole is what caught his attention. He later found that the sun was coming thru a small door opening, with steps leading down, made out of the same rock.

When he was telling me recently, he pointed to his living room wall, as he described small bags stacked on top of larger bags. The wall in his living room is about 12ft wide. Dad said that the bags continued into the darkness where he could no longer see. He also pointed to the top of the television to show the heigth of stacked bags, probably half way or little bit more of the wall.

My Dad also talked about a man from our town, that one day came home and told his family about a treasure he had found.
The man did not feel well, but said tomorrow morning we will go and get the treasure. The man was found dead by his family in the morning. The man apparently had handled some of the contents and got him sick, according to my Dad.

My Dad say this cave is about 2 miles from a certain ranch.

If you guys don`t, mind would you check this area for me.

Thank you. :coffee2:

Pala y Pico

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 717

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Pala Y Pico,
When do you need the photo dowse completed?
Jon

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Pala Y Pico,
Would you be able to zoom in and post a picture of the area in the green square?
There is something I'd like to take a closer look at.
Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

• Capture(guide_dowse).jpg
    Capture(guide_dowse).jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 422

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only got 1 spot for possible cave where the 2 green circles are, green Xs for archaeological signals. Red Xs for coins/treasure. Visually, can see 2 unmarked spots, what looks like double openings. So far, not picking up the needed signals for them. I'll keep checking later, right now have only 1 hit for cave, the 2 green circles. If green circles turn out to not be it, maybe you can get a map for a larger area.

Attachments

• Capture-Pala Y Pico.jpg
    Capture-Pala Y Pico.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 321

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pala Y Pico here a buried cache., and cave with gold cache inside.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 559
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 399
OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teleprospector said:
Hi Pala Y Pico,
When do you need the photo dowse completed?
Jon

Thank you teleprospector,

Please dowse at you convenience. This adventure is for warmer wheather. We got from 15 to 18 inches of snow last night.

I am adding this info to my adventure book to be a little better prepared for the future.

I have like five interesting areas to work on. These areas are all from persons I know and not from a book.

The green square is a high cerro/peak.

The cave according to my Dad is on flat ground very close to arroyo/ creek. Again as in my other thread because of the bushes and stuff, your line of site will just go over the top missing it. Since not alot is totally flat it must be on a small flat area. The cave is not like on the side of hill or cliff even though it may be close to cliffs or hills and such.

Some clues from my Dad Re: Cave is on flat ground, very close to an arroyo/creek, from the cave walking a few feet to high ground, he could see the ranch, there was alot bat guano and lots of bats making sounds coming from inside the cave, The cave is about a mile or two from an old road where Indians, robbers, scalp hunters abounded, a dangerous road where things happend.

Pala y Pico :coffee2:

Attachments

• Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 401

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Some clues from my Dad Re: Cave is on flat ground, very close to an arroyo/creek, from the cave walking a few feet to high ground, he could see the ranch, there was alot bat guano and lots of bats making sounds coming from inside the cave, The cave is about a mile from an old road where Indians, robbers, scalp hunters abounded, a dangerous road where things happend."

Hummm....2 sites, Pala y Pico do you know which could be your Dad's? Probably only the one close enough to see the ranch.

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Hummm....2 sites, Pala y Pico do you know which could be your Dad's? Probably only the one close enough to see the ranch."

Thank you Red-desert,

The spots that you marked are within the scope of where it could be. By walking to high ground, the ranch is within eye sight.

Thank you okiedowser,

If I wanted to keep an eye out for the goods from the ranch, it is an unubstructed view.

Pala y Pico

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pala Y Pico said:
"Hummm....2 sites, Pala y Pico do you know which could be your Dad's? Probably only the one close enough to see the ranch."

Thank you Red-desert,

The spots that you marked are within the scope of where it could be. By walking to high ground, the ranch is within eye sight.

Thank you okiedowser,

If I wanted to keep an eye out for the goods from the ranch, it is an unubstructed view.

Pala y Pico
Oh, that's good to hear. How's the snow? We got a light dusting of snow early this morning, off the winter storm. It melted today, i think you might have been still getting some, probably won't do much here.

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"How's the snow? "

Hi Red-desert,

We got 18 inches, other places got more. The snow drifts make it seem like more. I-70 from Denver to Limon, almost to Kansas closed, schools, some work places also closed. Its 19 degrees right now and dropping.

I remember as a young kid with, no shoes in my little Mexican Village, burning my feet, running from shade to shade. Even the lizards did the same thing. When there was no shade you alternated from one foot to the other. The lizards stood on three legs, also aternating as necessary.
I remember burning my feet, but I Don`t remember it being hot. :dontknow:

Pala y Pico

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pala Y Pico said:
"How's the snow? "

Hi Red-desert,

We got 18 inches, other places got more. The snow drifts make it seem like more. I-70 from Denver to Limon, almost to Kansas closed, schools, some work places also closed. Its 19 degrees right now and dropping.

I remember as a young kid with, no shoes in my little Mexican Village, burning my feet, running from shade to shade. Even the lizards did the same thing. When there was no shade you alternated from one foot to the other. The lizards stood on three legs, also aternating as necessary.
I remember burning my feet, but I Don`t remember it being hot. :dontknow:

Pala y Pico
Yes, rocks can get hot in the sun. We had 45 degrees today, I'm just E of Chicago along Indiana/Michigan border. The lawn looks green yet, some weeds still keep growing in the garden.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi PyP,
Dowsing has revealed,
Green circle area: A tight, prominent, crudely smelted gold ingot/bar attraction, an arsenic attraction and a chamber/opening sealed by sand. Dowsing agreed with Red_desert and Okiedowsers locations.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• Capturedowsed.jpg
    Capturedowsed.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 192

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi PyP,
Dowsing revealed,
Yellow rectangle area:
Meteorites
Yellow circled areas:
Prominent meteorite attractions.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• Capture2dowsed.jpg
    Capture2dowsed.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 232

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jon, checked out your meteorite hits, sure enough got meteorites. Seemed kind of strange meteorites would fall just around a mountain peak. Checked to make sure again still getting meteorites. Found a a spot SW of the rectangle and farther away spot SE.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've almost quit checking for meteorites when dowsing photos, seems meteorite fall areas are too rare outside of known sites. White circles for meteorites.

Attachments

• Capture2-Pala y Pico.jpg
    Capture2-Pala y Pico.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 491

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red_desert said:
Jon, checked out your meteorite hits, sure enough got meteorites. Seemed kind of strange meteorites would fall just around a mountain peak. Checked to make sure again still getting meteorites. Found a a spot SW of the rectangle and farther away spot SE.

Thanks Red_desert for checking this out. I thought it was strange also, but in the wider view picture, the ground pattern looked to me like an impact crater that has filled in from the NW so I checked it for meteorites and got positive reactions. I'm positive there is a lot of material farther out as you indicated.
If PyP posted an even wider view pic, there is a good possibility dowsing would reveal the strewn field as well.
It appears this is an area that has a lot of potential for meteorites. From the dowsing instrument's reactions, these resemble iron meteorites similar to the Campo de Cielo meteorite.
Jon

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area I got is from SE of the peak, then SW and up NW plus 2 NE slopes of the peak. Kind of interesting, never checked to see how deep they are, whether close to surface or the size. Meteorites seem to contain some iron/nickel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions