Where is the quality control at Brinks?

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that when I dump dimes I may have to take my lumps from time to time on the count, but I really don't like starting out on the minus side with a fresh box. I do a lot of Brinks boxes of dimes, and this is becoming very common to the tune of one or two of these in every box. It's not an open roll or a snapped end, both of these ends are tapered like a normal size roll. Anyone else seeing short factory rolls like this?

BadDimeRolls.jpg

HH

Nick

Upvote 0

FIRE310

Mar 22, 2011
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Ace 250, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Thats crappy. That would upset me as well. I'm ok with a few here or there but that is just plain messed up. >:(

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Wow those suck. I hope there was some silver in there to make up for it. I thought it was bad when the douchebags shove pennies into cwr dime rolls

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
the 5th coin down from the top of the roll thats short...is it just me or is it silver? cant tell with the lighting, but as far as i can see...

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Yes, I have seen it plenty of times. You just have to return it to the bank for a replacement roll. I've been shorted so many times that it happens about 70% of the time. Typically the rolls are short by one coin. That's why I bring a scale there and open the box and weigh them at the bank. Any that are short, I exchange with the tellers. That solves the problem.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They get paid 10 bucks an hour so they don't care.

I got my recent loomis boxes stamped Feb. 29, 2009. First of all, there was no 29th in Feb of 2009. Second, I found a few 2010 halves in the boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread