Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where the buffalo now roam

Went up toward Tonopas up north of here in Routt County today. Quite a bit more snow on the ground up in that area. Checked out Green Mtn. and Wolford reservoirs. I was pleased to see a small buffalo herd south of Kremmling. I really miss the buffalo. I could see them anytime I wanted in Oklahoma. Saw a flock of wild turkeys and of course they scattered when I went for a pic. Maria's off and makin tamales. We sent a bunch down to the town street employees in appreciation and passed out some to the neighbors. So much for her maybe two week paid vacation, as she goes back to work tomorrow, and they will be deep cleaning and sanitizing all those resort hotel rooms in Breck.

Attachments

• 3-25a.jpg
    3-25a.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 3-25b.jpg
    3-25b.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 37
  • 3-25d.jpg
    3-25d.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 36
  • 3-25f.jpg
    3-25f.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 3-24d.jpg
    3-24d.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before the 1700 hundreds they estimate there where between 30 and 50 million buffalo living on the North American continent. Lewis and Clark reported seeing herds that went on for miles and miles. During that time warm season grasses covered the Great Plains .Warm season grasses such as switch grass ,Big and Little Bluestem ,Indian Grass ,Gamma grass etc where the dominate plant life The perfect combination of abundant food and cover and no significant predators They where the symbol of the west and the primary food source of the Native Americans living on the Great Plains during that time .From that high of 50 million to about today's herd of between 200,000 to 300,000 they are what many think of when they think about the westward expansion of the United States of America .Some nice pictures RGINN !!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a down right shame to see a fence surrounding the buffalo. A shame. Tnx for the pics, just the same, my friend. ╦╦C

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice shots! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread