Where there's buttons, there must be silver.

powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Except, I have not found silver yet. Pulled two buttons out of my back yard. One yesterday and one today. If these are here, there must be silver. I'll let you guys know if my theory proves truem
d0b2333e5d6c144ac40e3af4c9433ecf.jpg
158431c780a347f727baa8fff27e9385.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Upvote 7

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely could be seated silver based on the age of that button

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes the deeper the coin the less perfect the signal can be. Dig everything and I think you might find some silver. Good luck man

OP
OP
P

powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So check this out. I live on what was a farm going back past the revolution. When they built my development they pushed all the topsoil into one lot. 20 years later I buy the vacant lot all that dirt is on. As I was clearing my land I found about 100 yards of topsoil in a mound about 15 feet wide by 50 ft long. Starting last fall I've been regrading my back with that soil. All that I'm finding is in that soil. In 30 minutes time I've found two old door knobs, two buttons, and pieces of old copper. I think I lucked out with this property. Oh, I back up to a 6000 acre natural preserve. Guess where I'll be spending most of my time.

OP
OP
P

powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes the deeper the coin the less perfect the signal can be. Dig everything and I think you might find some silver. Good luck man
I am digging everything. All the numbers are odd. For buttons I'm always 50-52 VDI. These buttons keep changing numbers until they are out of the ground.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE BUTTON FIND ..

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted a place where they pushed all the topsoil off of and left it 2 strip mine a place. The place had been a campground in the 1800s I found all kind of coins dozen Indian heads Shield nickels a flying eagle Cent 2- a seated quarter and two Seated dimes. The dirt with all in Mounds I had to miss a ton of stuff that was deep. I would definitely hit that dirt pile maybe hit the sides of it and then rake dirt down from the top and repeat.

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found all those coins and not a single button. I always thought that was weird

OP
OP
P

powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted a place where they pushed all the topsoil off of and left it 2 strip mine a place. The place had been a campground in the 1800s I found all kind of coins dozen Indian heads Shield nickels a flying eagle Cent 2- a seated quarter and two Seated dimes. The dirt with all in Mounds I had to miss a ton of stuff that was deep. I would definitely hit that dirt pile maybe hit the sides of it and then rake dirt down from the top and repeat.
The dirt pile will slowly be removed in time. As I break it down I'll scan it. It would be great if it turns out to be a honey hole.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread