Where to buy gold?

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year I bought a bunch of silver and did very well. At the same time I held off on buying gold because it seemed "overvalued" at $1100. Boy was I wrong! Anyway, I'm looking to pick up some gold this year and would like to find the best prices as well as deal with a reputable business. I've been looking at APMEX and Tulving. Tulving's minimums are out of my league at this point. APMEX seems reasonable enough and I've dealt with them before on small silver purchases.

Any recommendations? I'm looking to buy American Gold Eagles, bars, rounds, Canadian Maple Leafs, and maybe some lower quality pre-1933 US gold coins. Also, if anyone has any reason to believe that gold is going to crash anytime soon, I'm all ears! I would like to pull the trigger on this purchase fairly soon.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep buying silver. Gold since May last year is up 31% silver is up 123%. I understand why people want Gold, but SOOOOO many reasons to get into silver. Manipulated, uses in industrial, medical, very unique metal, cleanest, poor man's gold, affordable, etc. How many people in this country have $1600 just lying around to buy a ounce of Gold. The sad reality is that probably 65% of us don't even have that much in savings. People can muster up $50-$100 once the big panic into PM comes when the dollar does crash and the masses wake up. Gold will get you a good return. But the star of the show will be silver, silver, silver.

This will be one of the moments of history like the great depression, when a few smart people that had an opportunity to buy up cheap land around the US and ended up making millions and leaving legacies. I believe that silver right now is like that, a opportunity has only become evident to a few smart people (compared to the masses). The supply and demand issue is real and affecting pricing right now.

Did you know that JP Morgan was settling net short contracts with cash when customer wanted to take delivery on physical silver for $50 per ounce when silver was $30-$35 price range. Uhh huhh. Ya big time issues out there just to name a few that shows silver right now should be $100 per ounce. Just my five cents!

OP
OP
mts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously I was convinced last year that silver was a good buy so I bought a bunch. I want to diversify rather than put all of my eggs into one basket. That's why I'd like to buy some gold at this time. That doesn't mean that I won't be buying more silver. In fact, I just bought some more last week. But the purpose of this thread was to get answers on buying gold.

Anyone else have any thoughts on where the best place to buy gold would be? Any thoughts on where gold is headed in the near/long term?

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion is that silver will hit $75 by the election in 2012 and gold end of year probably $1700, by election time $2200 to $2500. Of course, if there is any major event that destabilizes the world significantly, these could be much higher.

I too would like to find a place to buy gold. Ideally from a private person to keep things private and avoid some unnecessary costs. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread