Where To Find Old Town Map

Duffala

Sep 25, 2012
Mountain Home, idaho
Detector(s) used
On my second Garrett Ace 250 ; Garrett Pro- Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have visited my local historical society and the lady was unable to assist me. Shes actually has been unable to answer any questions Ive ever had. I'm looking for a map from the 1920's of Mountain Home, ID / Elmore Co. Idaho. Any help would be appreciated Ive googled images and I really don't want one for the entire state as I want to overlay it.

Thanks
Amanda

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
try the universities.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
did I spell that wrong?

OP
OP
Duffala

Duffala

Sep 25, 2012
Mountain Home, idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Duffala

Duffala

Sep 25, 2012
Mountain Home, idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up getting the info i wanted from a older local. Thanks for the info everyone im sure i will be able to use that down the road.

OP
OP
Duffala

Duffala

Sep 25, 2012
Mountain Home, idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! Many thanks! this is the best ever!!This helps me with so many little things that I have been researching ;c)

No problem. Just passing along the same tip I received from someone else out here. Warning... this site can result in dozens of hours spent downloading maps of all the little towns in your area. I find them to be very fascinating. It can be very addictive. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Duffala

Duffala

Sep 25, 2012
Mountain Home, idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No problem. Just passing along the same tip I received from someone else out here. Warning... this site can result in dozens of hours spent downloading maps of all the little towns in your area. I find them to be very fascinating. It can be very addictive. :thumbsup:

It has consumed lots of time.. but I have learned a lot. Thanks again :-) I wish the pages printed better. But this is way better than what my historical society could offer by far. the problem with this town its always been more of a transient place due to the military be majority of the population.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has consumed lots of time.. but I have learned a lot. Thanks again :-) I wish the pages printed better. But this is way better than what my historical society could offer by far. the problem with this town its always been more of a transient place due to the military be majority of the population.

Yeah, I wish the quality was better too. These maps were scanned many years ago before the technology was really there. Supposedly the Library of Congress has a complete set of the original maps. You can order copies for a small charge. I've considered doing it just to see what the quality was like. I wouldn't mind framing a couple. I have no idea if they just give you these same maps or if they rescan the originals. You can always call them and ask them. For most purposes though these are close enough for what I want to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread