WHERE TO GO GOLD DETECTING IN PHOENIX AREA

N

nightshift

be interesting to see how many places are offered you to check out...or am i just a cynical englishman

OP
OP
R

rockbreaker

I understand there are many wide open places that lots of people go to. I,am not asking them to give there private spots..anyway will see.

Thanks

OP
OP
R

rockbreaker

Thanks Joe

Have you been to any of these ?

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Rock: I am a GPAA/LDMA Member, so have been primarily to their Locations. If you are not a Member, that's out! I have Panned for Gold @ Lynx Creek & Goldfield! Best bet is to contact a Club when you get there & ask where to go.

Here's the same site for Yavapai Co. (N. of Phoenix) http://www.49ermike.com/yavapai_az.shtml

Wish I could more! HH Joe

boone

Greenie
Mar 12, 2007
Can a Person go out to lake pleasant and swing a detector. My daughter lives in Glendale and she took us out to the desert around pleasant lake. Those dirt roads go on forever, I dont know the laws about the area, but Im sure we were on state ground. People were camping in remote areas. I am curious myself if md'ing is allowed. Is there any gold in that area?

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
They md everywhere out there.You just have to be sure you are not on somebody's claim.Look for claim markers!

boone

Greenie
Mar 12, 2007
I wondered what those people were doing camping in the middle of nowhere. The scenery is gorgeous and beats the hell out of Indiana in early march. I was having a ball until my step-daughter and her friends got me liquored up. I thought, I'd be a cowboy and ride on of those free range cattle. The cows were in a ravine and I had the advantage of jumping from the top and landing squarely on one of the bovine beasts back. During my sneek-up, the shale rock gave loose. I slid 15 feet down the ravine on my ass and accumliated multiple cactus needles in my rear-end. I reluctantly, beared all while she preformed surgery with a pair of tweezers. While, nagging like her mother about me being old enough to know better.

T

TreasureTales

boone, I'd call that little experience of yours poetic justice. ;D :o OUCH!!! and how reminiscent of Lott, in a way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread