Where to go in AZ

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Now for the record I don't promote one forum in another forum on a regular basis, but here:

http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=1

Is where i've found a bunch of AZ-related info and people. Just last sunday we went out and.. well found nothing but that's not the point ;)

If you just want a list of locations you can find that here:

http://www.arizonagoldprospectors.com/research.htm

Under the links: "Phoenix - La Paz County - Payson"

That's the best "list" i've seen to date.

If you want some company let me know, i'll be happy to come with on any hunts near Phx.

OP
OP
Z

Zipper

Thanks Lasivian , and I'll be sure to keep you in mind .
I'm actually just starting out and looking to buy my first detector soon but not sure what type or kind to buy.
thanks again ..... Zip

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Well, then a few questions are in order.

#1 Have you ever used a detector before at all? If not I recommend you go rent one from a local store, Rockazona is the closest I think.

#2 What do you intend to look for? The type of detector that's right for you varies by what you want to hunt. A detector for gold doesn't have the options a coinshooter would want for example.

#3 What is your budget? I would say "good" detectors start at around 400$, I know folks will disagree over this, but that's where I figure folks should start. (For Nuggets/gold double that figure, Pulse Induction is the way to go) Minelab seems to be the most popular gold detector at the moment.

We're happy to help :)

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
Nugget shooter.com is a great site. The owner is really knowledgable about hunting for gold ect>.. and a great guy to talk to by the way also! His site has many good links to get you on a great start to your hunting adventures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread