Where to go in MD to MD

Opticman

Aug 10, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
With Federal parks out of the question and State Parks limited to those with beaches, where do you MD in Maryland. I'm new to this so I really don't know the ins and outs of "getting permission" from private land owners.

I understand that perhaps Montgomery county will give you a permit but isn't there easier access to other places??? Any feedback would be appreciated.

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ocean City is a nice spot. you dont need permission to detect there or anything. Im going on the 17th-23rd and its my 6th year goin. Let me know if you wanna meet up while im there

Pete Sluder

Nov 24, 2007
New Market, MD
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II
Opticman, I just relocated here from NY and had the same question. Seems this state is tight as a duck's you know what. You can't detect anywhere. I can understand the national parks and battlefields, but there just doesn't seem to be anywhere to go.

I'm out in Frederick County so there is farmland. I'm going to start asking the farmers after the harvests are in. I've also been taking the back roads home from work and have come across some old towns between DC and Frederick. Maybe I can figure a way to mosey arond and see if anyone is willing to let me detect.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Opticman said:
With Federal parks out of the question and State Parks limited to those with beaches, where do you MD in Maryland. I'm new to this so I really don't know the ins and outs of "getting permission" from private land owners.

I understand that perhaps Montgomery county will give you a permit but isn't there easier access to other places??? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have had some very good results from studying ACW era maps and learing as much as I could about railroad bridges during the war. Just about every RR bridge in MD that was considered to be on major supply routes, was guarded by troops at some point during the war and have camps near by. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread