where to keep your silver

Diver_Down said:
Fill pvc pipes and seal/cap the ends. Bury them in the back yard - stacked like logs.
Vacuum seal it before putting it in the PVC :thumbsup:

Diver_Down said:
Fill pvc pipes and seal/cap the ends. Bury them in the back yard - stacked like logs.

Those tornadoes in last couple of days make me think twice of this approach. (P.S. My heart goes out the victims in the south).

Bury it in the back yard and don't tell anyone. Then 100 years from now someone may post on this forum about the awesome find they uncovered on your former property.

silverfinder20 said:
do u keep your silver in a safety deposit box, in a safe, bury it, hide it in the house? what do you recommend to do with the silver you have accumulated from coin roll hunting?
ahoy matey, buried treasure survives better than buildings when disaster strikes :icon_pirat:

fireproof gun safe bolted to floor. One advantage to having silver besides for investment is the remote possibility of the SHTF. If that should happen though, who is going to open the closed-up bank for you to get your stash out of a safety deposit box? Then you have the cost of renting the box depleting your profits month after month. You also have limited space. I like the big ol' safe with immediate access 24-7! If you bury it, how often are you going to have to dig it up to add more stuff or retrieve some? On the other hand, some ammo in the ground here and there isn't a bad idea at all. You know that when you did that up again it's for a very good reason. :wink:

I'm cool with the safe deposit box. If the doomsday scenario comes, I'm not sure my silver halves are going to be good for anything anyway. I'll take my chances trying to break into the bank if I need them.

If a safe can be installed, it can be removed. There's always a chance for the run on the banks. You will run out of ammo. You ain't got enough silver to buy my 'layin hens.

fistfulladirt said:
If a safe can be installed, it can be removed. There's always a chance for the run on the banks. You will run out of ammo. You ain't got enough silver to buy my 'layin hens.
I have 24 laying hens myself. And I keep my stash spread out. A squirrel doesn't stash his nuts in just one place. :laughing9:

Legend

Funny you should mention laying hens. We have 27. Of those there are 20 that should start laying any day now so they will be good for a few years of laying at least. We have 1 rooster and an incubator should we need more. :icon_thumleft: One of my sons has always said if he ever needed to survive and could take only one thing with him it would be a young laying hen.
The gun safe is bolted to the floor but you need the safe opened to unbolt it so you're better off if you're a safe cracker. Nevermind trying to remove the entire safe.
I believe I have more ammo than was used by both sides during the battle of the Alamo and have the equipment and supplies to make a LOT more. I'm sure an adversary would finally get me before I run out of ammo!
The silver goes up and down in value with the market but I don't have to pay for a small box at the bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back