OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for some reason it sent before I was done typing. So can I find them in just a general area? What is the tell tell sign for a good spot to look???

Johnathan Griswold

njsurfer77

Greenie
Apr 23, 2007
I have always had the best luck on pieces of land that are southside of a nearby water source. Look for the highpoint on the land and start from there. If the terrain has any sandy spots, make sure to focus on those areas.

submarine

May 19, 2012
Most of my finds are from prehistoric Indians. We have about 50 shell middens close by that produces a lot of artifacts. All my finds have been on river banks, fields next to the rivers, or creeks that are very old. If you walk river banks you can look for mussel shells that are in abundance. That gives you a clue that Indians would have used that area for food. If you find a mound make sure its not protected by the government. Most of ours are. The land around these areas are full. HH

OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you find artifacts on the river bed???? I would have never thought to look there I would think I would be super hard to find with all the rocks

Johnathan Griswold

submarine

May 19, 2012
Not on the bed, the banks, fields, and high places along rivers and creeks. The erosion from the water causes a lot of artifacts to surface.

Users who are viewing this thread